Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Being a casual

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Do you remember seeing anyone wearing Butchers coats to football? Early to mid 70s I think, I can't remember seeing them at the Goldstone but remember Pompey fans wearing them at Fratton park.

When Chelsea came to town in the Cup 72/73 there were quite a few of their number in Butchers coats covered in Chelsea slogans I seem to remember. It looked very strange but also thought about getting one made up myself then I stopped to think abit - nope won`t be doing that.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
i had a donkey jacket, wore it to Place's like HULL AND BOLTON :ohmy:
regards
DR

image.jpg

:whistle: sorry Das!!

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Casuals were all shit track suit tops, crap trainers, terrible jumpers and terrible hair do's.. skinheads, suedeheads and mods now that was style with quality music..

It was all about looking flash. Expensive clothes, top range trainers and designer jeans...

And are you seriously suggesting that Skinheads had great haircuts? I just remember 18 hole DMs, braces and shithouse Harrington jackets.

And mods? Mods in the 80s wore scruffy fishtail Parkers with lots of badges and big targets painted on them. They looked like gay army deserters.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
When Chelsea came to town in the Cup 72/73 there were quite a few of their number in Butchers coats covered in Chelsea slogans I seem to remember. It looked very strange but also thought about getting one made up myself then I stopped to think abit - nope won`t be doing that.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Not a good look the Butchers coat.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That guy is blinded before he feels the impact of the kick due to those flares................

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Casuals were all shit track suit tops, crap trainers, terrible jumpers and terrible hair do's.. skinheads, suedeheads and mods now that was style with quality music..

nothing wrong with that - just making me want to see if they do adidas three bands in XL now. as for crap trainers, people pay fortunes for them now.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
i had a donkey jacket, wore it to Place's like HULL AND BOLTON :ohmy:
regards
DR

So did I, ours were all nicked by a mate from his company lol. Your memory always seems better than mine from the old days was it West Ham who wore them originally

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do people still dress as casuals? A point was made about it being another youth culture like mods, rockers, goths etc. People still dress and follow these....is it the same with casuals?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Do people still dress as casuals? A point was made about it being another youth culture like mods, rockers, goths etc. People still dress and follow these....is it the same with casuals?

Clearly you haven't been to Birkenhead.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
anyone got any summer cp company jackets,thinking of getting one,the lighweight ones,around the 350 mark ,any sales would be apreciated

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
when chelsea came to town in the cup 72/73 there were quite a few of their number in butchers coats covered in chelsea slogans i seem to remember. It looked very strange but also thought about getting one made up myself then i stopped to think abit - nope won`t be doing that.

[/attach]h=config]50820[/attach]

I can see why.

Attachments

• Butcher's coats.png
    Butcher's coats.png
    100.2 KB · Views: 418

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
10 HOLE MAX, THEY'RE MORE LIKE WELLINGTON BOOTS!.......... bit of a let down Sunday wasn't it, you need to pick your games carefully :wink:
regards
DR

Bet he is always late as it would take about half an hour to lace up his boots.

Watford was a let down, the highlight of the day was finding the cafe open!!:smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here