Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beer And Bingo tax cuts

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oh TLO,I am so sorry that I am not yet worthy of posting on NSC and agreeing or disagreeing with others.
You , on the other hand, seem able and more than willing to pontificate on all manner of subjects and in your own world are an expert on everything.
You are possibly the most pompous fellow on the forum and I dare say as pompous as you are large.Perhaps a name change would be appropriate.

Have a thumbs up for getting 'pontificate' and 'pompous' x2, into a single post.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
My favourite so far:

523617_245367325648187_1254973876_n.jpg

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Oh TLO,I am so sorry that I am not yet worthy of posting on NSC and agreeing or disagreeing with others.
You , on the other hand, seem able and more than willing to pontificate on all manner of subjects and in your own world are an expert on everything.
You are possibly the most pompous fellow on the forum and I dare say as pompous as you are large.Perhaps a name change would be appropriate.

Have a thumbs up for getting 'pontificate' and 'pompous' x2, into a single post.

But a thumbs down from me for overlooking the chance to combine them and write 'pontificate pompously' in a Robert Robinson 'Call My Bluff' sort of way.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
is it because there's nothing bad in the budget, so latched on to a ham-fisted attempt to sell one of the most trivial matters?

Correct

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Perhaps I'm missing something (or maybe some of you lot are) but surely the problem isn't the policies themselves - although they are trivial - but the patronising and prejudiced assumptions behind them?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
No I am not Grant Shapps and I happen to believe he is a bit of a dickhead.
Must have hit a nerve with my light-hearted comment and got under the skin of the likes of yourself and Nibble.
By the way,I did say the beer and bingo thing was crass.
Nevertheless,I stand by what I said in that the 'poster' allows the left to huff and puff and fill themselves up with their usual righteous indignation over f--k all.
It's alright....it's because it's a Tories budget...if it had been Labours budget the left would be singing it's praises as doing something for the 'working class' at last....just remember Labour has f****d up the economy everytime they got their hands on it.
Doesn't matter if the Tories gave every man £5,000 they would still moan that it was not ebough.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's alright....it's because it's a Tories budget...if it had been Labours budget the left would be singing it's praises as doing something for the 'working class' at last....just remember Labour has f****d up the economy everytime they got their hands on it.
Doesn't matter if the Tories gave every man £5,000 they would still moan that it was not ebough.

Every party that has been in power has f****d up the economy. Are you suggesting that it was all rosy from '79 to '97?

Labour messing up this economy is a myth. Worldwide banking caused this. It wouldn't have mattered if we'd been running a surplus, this event would have knackered us.

I don't think it's even about giving everyone money, I think the biggest issue a lot of people have, and that's not just left or right, but basic centre ground is that it again appears to ask nothing of those with wealth to contribute to this deficit reduction. It all comes down to fairness, not partisanship.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Every party that has been in power has f****d up the economy. Are you suggesting that it was all rosy from '79 to '97?

Labour messing up this economy is a myth. Worldwide banking caused this. It wouldn't have mattered if we'd been running a surplus, this event would have knackered us.
Then explain why the income from the 'rich'

I don't think it's even about giving everyone money, I think the biggest issue a lot of people have, and that's not just left or right, but basic centre ground is that it again appears to ask nothing of those with wealth to contribute to this deficit reduction. It all comes down to fairness, not partisanship.
Please explain why banking is our biggest earner and the 'rich' contribute more in tax than the rest. Yes agree that a lot of the 'rich' do a lot of tax dodging.. including MPs in their expense claims (that includes ALL parties).just like there is benefit cheating from the unemployed...it's a case those without sin cast the first stone...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Please explain why banking is our biggest earner and the 'rich' contribute more in tax than the rest. Yes agree that a lot of the 'rich' do a lot of tax dodging.. including MPs in their expense claims (that includes ALL parties).just like there is benefit cheating from the unemployed...it's a case those without sin cast the first stone...

:facepalm: :dunce:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Benefit fraud is supposedly costing the economy £2bn per year. Tax avoidance and evasion approx. £32bn.

Banking is our biggest earner. Yes, and it's also our biggest failure. It crippled us in the early '90's, and again now. Who pays for it? The banks and those that grow fat from that wealth? The ruling class? No, it's those of us that rely on state schools, the NHS, public services, public workers, just ordinary people pay for it. It is a groundhog day joke on all of us.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Believe me, you don't display half enough intelligence to make me anywhere nears "cross".

Oh Nibble,perhaps just best to say we will never agree about politics and let us leave the personal insults out in future.:smile:
You never know,you may even like me if we met!
Am away until Saturday night,down to sunny Bournemouth,so no more keyboard shouting.
Have a good one.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

How would the Tories have not ffed up the economy then?
more banking regulations? You can't accuse non-Tories of being one-eyed and say things like Labour ffed the economy. A global recession ffed the economy.
Labour could have done things differently before (like tighter bank regulations) which would have lessened the effect but there's no way the Tories (who were argueing for more freedom for the banks) would have done them.
Have the Tories done anything since coming to power to ward of a future recession? No, they argued with the EC/EU that the bankers should be allowed to get a 200% bonus.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
The thing for me that is startling about this is that Grant Shapps obviously didn't think there was anything amiss with his tweet. He, (and many of his colleagues) are so far removed from the reality of life for the less well off that he obviously actually believes that it was a good idea. Amazing really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here