[NSC] Become an NSC Supporter. If you want. It's entirely optional. No-one has to.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Can't afford it so will go back to lurking and just reading. Don't like to be outed as not being a "site supporter" to everyone. No offense meant, love the site. Will sign up in future times.
I think you're overthinking it. People have been asking if they could pay to remove ad's and that's what's happened. I only remembered the other week to buy from Amazon via the link so I contributed 0.02p. However, if I had remembered to buy via the link since I've been a member I probably would have generated enough revenue to contribute £10! :smile: I'd like to contribute financially but I can't, financial contributions are not what makes this site great, it's the written ones from everyone.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yes, 100% agree, and I signed up the moment I saw the thread. I've been using NSC since about 1998, I love it, and I don't 'do' social media so this is the only real online interaction I have and I'm happy to make a direct financial contribution. (And have a spare £50).

Having said that I do think @Diablo has a point. I am ever-so-slightly uncomfortable with seeing a special wording under my username. I know it isn't meant like this, but some could take it as us boasting, in every post, that "We are better than yew!" And yes, I can see why some now think that NSC is now two-tier.

So personally I'd like to lose the additional 'Supporter' tag. I appreciate you want to acknowledge our direct support, so why not have a list of names somewhere? (A bit like the list of logged-in users). You could then have a little piece at the top of that list saying what a 'Site Supporter' is and how to become one.

This is no way a criticism, and yes, you have every right to be proud of NSC.
You could just remove the tag, and add it only to profile view (if possible on xenforo?)

So for reading posts, everyone's the same. If you can be arsed to click an individuals profile, it's on there.

Really not bothered about any public tag, happy to contribute to support my most used site, appreciate not everyone is able to.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'm fine with the badge but think should also turn it into marketing/raising profile for the scheme. So it Would be good if the badge was clickable and sent you through to a "About" page outlining what the "supporter" thing was all about , how to sign up etc.
As most people will forget / not realise once this thread fades from the front page etc.

Last edited:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
What about something along the lines of 'The ad's drove me insane'

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can't afford it so will go back to lurking and just reading. Don't like to be outed as not being a "site supporter" to everyone. No offense meant, love the site. Will sign up in future times.
Please do not do that. Its not my place to speak for @Bozza - but I know in this specific case, I do. This is absolutely NOT the intended outcome of any of this. The message could not be clearer - please consider helping to support the site, if you have the means and inclination to do so. If not, please ignore the whole idea and continue to enjoy the site in your own way.

If you use the site regularly - you will be contributing a little in generated ad-view revenue, so do not feel that you are in any way excluded, for not getting involved with this method of contributing.

I may generate something through the adverts myself - particularly as I actually tend to click on a load of them, because I am pathetically easily side-tracked.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Don't be daft fella, everyone who contributes their opinion is a site supporter and makes NSC what it is.

The only thing that's changed in the last 24 hours is a few people who are fortunate enough to have the means have chipped in a few quid towards the site running costs. Nothing more, nothing less.

Your opinion is as valuable today as it was yesterday or last week and it's never less valuable than someone who is merely helping to cover the shortfall in amazon revenue etc.

Many on here talk a lot less shit than me, and that won't change for a few quid.

Please keep engaged.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Whatever the label is still creates issues for some people, maybe an option to for the user to decide if they’re badged up or not 😉
That's alright for you to say, you've had the badge for ages. ;) I thought you were a secret mod or very good at changing the tag that appears under your profile pic. :unsure::lolol:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
So I just tried to change my username (just changing im to I'm) cos Ed did it wrong years ago and it won't let me.
Says it needs to be 25 characters or less, but my existing one is longer than 25 characters. @Bozza 🤔

Changed it to Brick Top now in the meantime

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports