Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beavers Nest Cafe - Coombe Rd c1980

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
image.jpg

Funny you mention Beavers - this wasn't what I'd expected today to be honest...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Sorry to jump in on this thread, but Beavers brings back memories for me too. Got my (maybe even the cafe's) highest score on Phoenix. If my memory serves me right it used to be a bit of a hangout for the C.B radio kids as well when it was the rage.
Used to be a bit sweet on a girl in Milner Road so kicked my heels around that area quite a lot!

You will be welcomed with open arms to this thread by the OP, I didn't this thread would get this far. :)

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Do you remember the morgue?

Christ no - I'm probably a few years younger. I was only just old enough to go out and play football with my mates. We weren't brave enough to to exploring too far in those hospital grounds. Wasn't it a hospital for special diseases or something?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I only have vague memories of the cafe but plenty of memories of Coombe road school; I was there between about 1970 & 1975, lived in Dewe Road (the posh end)

Sorry to jump in on this thread, but Beavers brings back memories for me too. Got my (maybe even the cafe's) highest score on Phoenix. If my memory serves me right it used to be a bit of a hangout for the C.B radio kids as well when it was the rage.
Used to be a bit sweet on a girl in Milner Road so kicked my heels around that area quite a lot!

Edit: just seen the quote about the morgue (Bevendean Hospital, i assume)- & yes i remember it, & if i ever meet you i've got a funny story about it.

Welcome, the more the merrier, who was the girl?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Christ no - I'm probably a few years younger. I was only just old enough to go out and play football with my mates. We weren't brave enough to to exploring too far in those hospital grounds. Wasn't it a hospital for special diseases or something?

Oops!! :eek: you must think I'm some sort of sick person:mad:

Not sure what happened there, we used to just play football, cricket and look through the morgue key hole!

Earth Rod

Jul 17, 2011
DENTSPLY - Christ - I used to work there in the eighties - pub round corner on the lewes road had proper entertainment at lunchtimes

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
She lived right on the bend on Milner & the family name was Slaughter (they had 4 girls), funnily enough the dad worked at the Abbatoir!

I lived about 3 doors up from them! They had a right old menagerie of pets and two white dogs called juno and zoe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here