Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Be honest....

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Woah.....some of us would RATHER be at work on that day! I get a wonderful choice - take 2 days holiday out of my holiday allowance, or I take it off as unpaid. So effectively I get no choice in the matter. I don't want 2 days off, to me it's inconvenient. I'd rather have those two days off when I choose!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Why don't you all f*** off into work on that day and let the rest of us enjoy it.....Oh you wont do that will you, because your happy to jump on the free ride, then moan about it.

Seriously what difference would it make to you ? As long as you think there is someone paying attention to your bloated self opinionated guff, you seem contented enough.

For the record I will be leaving the country for the week. Enjoy the flag waving.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Seriously what difference would it make to you ? As long as you think there is someone paying attention to your bloated self opinionated guff, you seem contented enough.

For the record I will be leaving the country for the week. Enjoy the flag waving.

Doesn't make any difference to me. But then im not the one slagging it off, am I ?

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
So what makes them pricks ? Why are they worthless ? Why are they a joke ?
I'm not a royal fan by any stretch, but I do see that bring a hell of a lot of money in via tourism. They also do a hell of a lot of good by supporting many many charities.
William and Harry both work for the armed forces as well as their Royal duties, so your little outburst is a "joke" on many levels.
The Queen and Prince Phillip are still working, when most OAP's would have retired many years ago.
What is it you do exactly ?

Very well said. The Royal family do a great deal for this country.

God save the Queen.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Doesn't make any difference to me. But then im not the one slagging it off, am I ?

Why don't you all f*** off into work on that day and let the rest of us enjoy it.....Oh you wont do that will you, because your happy to jump on the free ride, then moan about it.

Always makes me laugh when these ill informed arseholes say the Royal family cost us millions. . Sure there are more than a few hangers on. But not half as many as there are scumbags who just take from society and put nothing back into the system at all(they are normally the ones who run everything down, but stand there with their hand's out all the time).

Strange I can only imagine what you would be like on a subject that did make a difference to you. I also suspect that even you don't bother listening to yourself anymore, having taken the pub bore role to an all new level.

D

Deleted member 18477

Does anyone actually give a toss about the Diamond Jubilee?

Yes, I know we're getting a couple of extra days holiday, but with the amount of ad's the BBC are doing, it's coming across like the second coming. I'm genuinely not that fussed about having a party for a very (VERY) rich old dear.

I just can't seem to get excited about it.

Couldn't give a shit. I'll be getting pissed Sunday and Monday but won't be attending any stupid street party!

But I do like the royal family and I thank them for giving me 2 extra days off work.

Last edited by a moderator:

D

Deleted member 18477

Yes its what sets us apart from being American clones.

I wish we had thanksgiving like americans. (well the day off and the food part). Extra Christmas dinner! Lovely.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Anybody remember the silver jubilee in 1977 I was only 6 but I remember all the streets were decorated red white and blue, street parties everywhere.

Yep I do. Loved every minute of it and will enjoy this Diamond Jubilee.

Unashamed staunch monarchist, but would admit to their being to many hangers on.

However, never would I want some of the idiots the French, Yanks and Russians seem to vote in as head of state.

Not worried about others view on the subject it is their privilege to agree or disagree.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
This two day bank holiday is going to cost this country untold millions in lost business. I'm self employed, don't get paid holidays and all I can see is a major disruption to my income. Still, 'they do bring in millions of tourist dollars'. The sooner we get shot of the lot of them the better. Do any of you forlock tugging 'subjects' think any of the royals give two shits about any of you when the cameras aren't around? I am not her subject either. Viva la republic.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Not in the slightest...waste of money if you ask me.....but then again, i am a proud Republican. The extra days holiday just means more work for me, i run a bar for a living!

Being a proud republican I'm sure you will give the extra money you take because of the Royal bank holiday to a good charity.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm working so it'll make absolutely no difference to me.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Brenda has done a great job, well done your maj !

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
I just about remember it. That was when the country still had a bit of pride left in it, even though the social climate was just as bad if not worse than it is today..Just reading some of the comments in this thread. Half of you don't deserve a Queen, but i'm quite sure that half couldn't give a toss anyway. Why don't you all f*** off into work on that day and let the rest of us enjoy it.....Oh you wont do that will you, because your happy to jump on the free ride, then moan about it.

Can I assume that you refuse to take christmas day and the Easter bank holidays off or are you a regular church going christian, if not, that would make you a hypocrite and I can't believe that.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Anybody remember the silver jubilee in 1977 I was only 6 but I remember all the streets were decorated red white and blue, street parties everywhere.

I remember it well, street parties all over the place, pubs covered in bunting and flags. Just shows how things have changed in that time and the royals have only got their own greedy, grubby selves to blame for it. And that is with the ever popular Liz still around, wait for the PR disaster called Charles to take the throne and the Windsors will need to change big time or it's goodbye.

Feb 14, 2010
Why don't we have another Glorious Revolution and invite some foreign chap to be King again? A change is as good as a rest as they say the last Glorious Revolution caught on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here