Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Be honest....

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I doubt very much that any of us will see another royal Diamond Jubilee in our lifetimes so enjoy it for what it is - Drink and be merry :)

Bit like the Olympics - Probably be a once in a lifetime thing to have it in your home country. I bet we wouldn't be as complcent if we were having the World Cup here again.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I don't think I could give less of a shit.

I think a new low was reached yesterday when I read that Gary Barlow has recorded the 'official anthem of the diamond jubilee'.

What. The. f***?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I don't think I could give less of a shit.

I think a new low was reached yesterday when I read that Gary Barlow has recorded the 'official anthem of the diamond jubilee'.

What. The. f***?

Forgive me, but isn't the Anthem of the Royal Family "God Save the Queen"??? What the f*** is Gary Barlow going to do?!?!! Seriously starting to think that "The Thick of It" was actually a f***ing documentary, some of this stuff you could just not make up

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Does anyone actually give a toss about the Diamond Jubilee?

Yes, I know we're getting a couple of extra days holiday, but with the amount of ad's the BBC are doing, it's coming across like the second coming. I'm genuinely not that fussed about having a party for a very (VERY) rich old dear.

I just can't seem to get excited about it.

Nope, but a very conveniently placed double bank holiday. I am moving house, so plenty of time off work to get shit sorted out.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Anybody remember the silver jubilee in 1977 I was only 6 but I remember all the streets were decorated red white and blue, street parties everywhere.

gully is my god

Apr 13, 2011
Hove
Im at uni, so we dont even get the bank holidays off...

So no. If anything im more annnoyed that everyone will be having fun and im stuck in lectures and tuorials (I do a science course before you start, and have 7 hours a day)

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
The Royal family is a joke. Completely worthless. Posh pricks.

So what makes them pricks ? Why are they worthless ? Why are they a joke ?
I'm not a royal fan by any stretch, but I do see that bring a hell of a lot of money in via tourism. They also do a hell of a lot of good by supporting many many charities.
William and Harry both work for the armed forces as well as their Royal duties, so your little outburst is a "joke" on many levels.
The Queen and Prince Phillip are still working, when most OAP's would have retired many years ago.
What is it you do exactly ?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Depends how much money it brings into the country. Anecdotally it would seem lots of Americans came over for the wedding last year and, likely, spent a lot of money in doing so. I don't know if the same will hold true for the Diamond Jubilee, although I wouldn't think so. Not going to be as big of a deal in terms of parades and stuff.

All those who don't care or as you put in such a vulgar tone, but in your world you would consider it as classy, " don't give a toss" should set a Good example to us all by going to work or give up their wages for those days that are being declared as Bank holidays. The jubilee is a time for celebration as well as paying homage to our Dear Queen.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Anybody remember the silver jubilee in 1977 I was only 6 but I remember all the streets were decorated red white and blue, street parties everywhere.

I just about remember it. That was when the country still had a bit of pride left in it, even though the social climate was just as bad if not worse than it is today..Just reading some of the comments in this thread. Half of you don't deserve a Queen, but i'm quite sure that half couldn't give a toss anyway. Why don't you all f*** off into work on that day and let the rest of us enjoy it.....Oh you wont do that will you, because your happy to jump on the free ride, then moan about it.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I just about remember it. That was when the country still had a bit of pride left in it, even though the social climate was just as bad if not worse than it is today..Just reading some of the comments in this thread. Half of you don't deserve a Queen, but i'm quite sure that half could give a toss anyway. Why don't you all f*** off into work on that day and let the rest of us enjoy it.....Oh you wont do that will you, because you happy to jump on the free ride, then moan about it.

some of us will b working anyway no matter what our views are

I just about remember it. That was when the country still had a bit of pride left in it, even though the social climate was just as bad if not worse than it is today..Just reading some of the comments in this thread. Half of you don't deserve a Queen, but i'm quite sure that half could give a toss anyway. Why don't you all f*** off into work on that day and let the rest of us enjoy it.....Oh you wont do that will you, because you happy to jump on the free ride, then moan about it.

Well said. Let's hear from those vile cretins who will moan about our Royals but still take the days off. We all know who they are.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Well said. Let's hear from those vile cretins who will moan about our Royals but still take the days off. We all know who they are.

Always makes me laugh when these ill informed arseholes say the Royal family cost us millions. The revenue they bring in is millions. Sure there are more than a few hangers on. But not half as many as there are scumbags who just take from society and put nothing back into the system at all(they are normally the ones who run everything down, but stand there with their hand's out all the time)...God save the Queen, you won't know how much this country needs her, until she she is gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here