Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBCs summary of promotion contenders

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
claridge is surely one of the dullest pundits out there

Do you reckon there was an interview process? I can't imagine which bright spark thought Claridge would make a good pundit and has continued to employ him. I bet I could do a much better job and I have played for nearly as many different teams as Steve, so I had a broad range of experience, as does he.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And a one-dimensional simpleton. Effectively he's backing West Ham because they're a big club with expensive players. If that was all it took to go up they'd be there already, Steve!

Simpleton though he clearly is, he hasn't said that at all, has he?

He's saying that they have a massively expensive squad, and that they NEED to go up, as the spending is unsustainable otherwise. If anything his (non-commital) comments suggests he thinks they WON'T make it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Truly quite remarkable insight from 'Never let your mum cut your hair' punditry protege.

"When you are 3-0 up everyone wants the ball, but it is not so easy when you are three down."

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's actually quite reasonable when he's co-commentating, but absolutely wank in the studio. When he's co-commentating, he isn't expected to offer anything other than analysis of the game and he does that quite well. He says things like "if you watch Brighton's passing, they pass just off centre to warn the receiving player where the danger is. It's clever keep ball".

I'm paraphrasing there, but when it comes to a total waste of airtime, he doesn't come close to Andy f***ing Townsend, who is an ignorant, biased prick who offers NO insight whatsoever. EVER.

Just don't ask Claridge to provide a blog or article, video or written.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Do you know what - I couldn't care less about what badge they use, whether Claridge is a dullard or anything...

WE ARE BEING TALKED ABOUT BEING CONTENDERS ON PROMOTION TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEAGUES IN THE WORLD...now THAT sends the hairs on the back of my neck up!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Do you know what - I couldn't care less about what badge they use, whether Claridge is a dullard or anything...

WE ARE BEING TALKED ABOUT BEING CONTENDERS ON PROMOTION TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEAGUES IN THE WORLD...now THAT sends the hairs on the back of my neck up!
True. It's easy to get a bit complacent about it but it's incredible really.
But the old badge does look bad though. There were a few about when it changed that said they preferred it to the new, I wonder if anyone still thinks that?
I'm even getting used to it being the wrong way round.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
I'm surprised Claridge likes us so much. I remember about 06/07 when he came to st mary's working for sky, for some stupid reason he decided to take a walk through Golden Grove (where Jamie Turner had his head staved in) and came across a group fo 10/15 saints lads. We were following a few meters behind and saw for ourselves Claridge shit himself after being confronted. He didn't turn up to work for sky and was consequently sacked. All 100% true.

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008

This was my reaction, I remember reading these types of articles 3, 4 years ago, never believed we'd even be in the run in for the premier league. Amazing.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I don't mind Claridge. He has to have a reasonable knowledge of 72 teams, much more difficult task than the Premier League pundits who only have 20 teams to consider. There also isn't time for him on the FLS to do any kind of analysis - he's really only there to pass comment. And he always says good things about us. Not bad for a skate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here