Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC - World Cup

Dandyman

In London village.
Why would anyone want Ian Wright to appear on anything other than the lamest of gameshows ? :nono:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Do you reckon there will be anymore classics along the lines of the 'spooning' comment.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
"WRIGHTY": "ah ah Gary mate, nah well, you need a bit of PASSION don'tcha it's ENGLAND innit, he don't look interested, you know what a mean ah ah"
HANSEN: "the lad Ronaldinho's got the lot: pace, strength and more tricks than Paul Daniels, UNBELIEVABLE"
ALL COLLAPSE IN LAUGHTER
LINEKER: *wipes laughter tear from eye* "right, let's see how Costa Rica are getting on in Frankfurt, over to Trevor"

REPEAT ALL SUMMER LONG
:angry:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Man of Harveys said:
"WRIGHTY": "ah ah Gary mate, nah well, you need a bit of PASSION don'tcha it's ENGLAND innit, he don't look interested, you know what a mean ah ah"
HANSEN: "the lad Ronaldinho's got the lot: pace, strength and more tricks than Paul Daniels, UNBELIEVABLE"
ALL COLLAPSE IN LAUGHTER
LINEKER: *wipes laughter tear from eye* "right, let's see how Costa Rica are getting on in Frankfurt, over to Trevor"

REPEAT ALL SUMMER LONG
:angry:

good work. But no matter how much is in the " comfort zone" the BBC still PISSES on ITV's pitiful football coverage and what is meant to be "analysis." Andy Townsend and Ally McCoist..what a couple of clowns. It's a shame O'Neill's not doing the BBC as he's always engaging and argues with everyone else.

Last edited:

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
Mark Bright is the worst TV football pundit there has ever been!!

Where as le saux is one of the best

I heard the BBC tried to bag Mourinho but wanted the summer doing nothing but being special.

Albion Rob

I've hated Crooks ever since he was on some TV or Radio show discussing the Archer and Bellotti saga. The presenter said to him about the situation 'down there' and asked what could be done. I remember thinking about all the protests, marches etc and willed Garth to say something. In stead we got: "Yes, it's a shame, the fans really need to do something about it." f***ing prick.

Regarding Gubba, he is by far the best they have. Has a real talent for getting the moments of drama right which swooshing over the dross. My favourite commentary is from Notts County v Man City in the FA Cup in 1991 and County won 1-0. gubba was immense that day describing a shock and a superb performance from Steve Cherry in beautiful detail.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Wish in this day and age of digital tele there was an option for crowd only sound. Have often thought this when watching on Sky, I mean who watches player cam? And another thing, why do we have to have these bloody opera singers ruining the national anthem, I know is current trend to boo the oponents (very wrong imo), but they even have during domestic matches

Bono

Jul 18, 2003
Buckinghamshire
555kaz said:
Wish in this day and age of digital tele there was an option for crowd only sound. Have often thought this when watching on Sky, I mean who watches player cam? And another thing, why do we have to have these bloody opera singers ruining the national anthem, I know is current trend to boo the oponents (very wrong imo), but they even have during domestic matches

There is the option of crowd only on Sky matches.

BBC usually offer Motty or Radio 5 live.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Bono said:
There is the option of crowd only on Sky matches.

BBC usually offer Motty or Radio 5 live.

Is there really? I've never seen it advertised, so never bothered checking, though it was only player cam, and that fanzone rubbish. Cheers for the tip off :cool:

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fanzone can be very amusing at times.

Bono

Jul 18, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Statto said:
Its a pity they are not getting rid of John Motson.:angry: his time is up.

:clap: Has been for years. Often misses key points of action due to looking down at his pointless statistics. He will no doubt be paired with Lawro. BBC only have England's opening game, ITV with the other two. I am so looking forward to Motty telling us that the reserve left back's grandfather played for Paraguay in the 1936 South American volleyball championships.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If the BBC think the punters want Ian Wright they couldn't be more wrong.

I can bear the thought of another summer of "We was robbed" and "He must be creaming himself". I'd rather have Brooking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here