Who's your favourite MLB team?

• Total voters

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Will the Cubbies win the WS?

Or will the DODGERS pull it off!

Or will it be Cleveland or Boston that beat out "the Cubbies." According to many there will be some terrific pitchers duels in this world series.

(Currently in Oregon and loving the Pacific coast. Blimey! that water in the northwest ocean is cold)

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Or will it be Cleveland or Boston that beat out "the Cubbies." According to many there will be some terrific pitchers duels in this world series.

(Currently in Oregon and loving the Pacific coast. Blimey! that water in the northwest ocean is cold)

Can you imagine if Cleveland won the NBA and MLB championships in one year. The city has never seen anything like it, and I doubt will again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Tragic news, didn't realise he was so young too :(

Great pitcher, good guy by all accounts. A mortal blow to the Marlins' chances of even a wild card any time soon. Even more tragically, his next start was put back a day so that he'd face the Mets - if he'd stayed on rotation he'd have been pitching today and (probably) tucked up in bed instead of messing about in a boat.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Blue Jays have done it again!!!

What a finish to the game. 1-1 going into the bottom of the 8th and the Jays snatch the lead, only for the Yankees to turn it around to 3-2 at the top of the 9th. Then the Jays go and score 2 more for a walk-off 4-3 win. They had more men on base too.

It's been an absolutely CRACKING series, let's hope for a 4-0 whitewash tonight. The Roger's Centre has been RAMMED for every game too.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
With their 17-0 win over the Phillies this is the third win in 4 for the Mets (83-73) and nudges them into 2nd in NL East. Good to see their tribute to Fernandez at Citifield

610389964.jpg

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
With their 17-0 win over the Phillies this is the third win in 4 for the Mets (83-73) and nudges them into 2nd in NL East. Good to see their tribute to Fernandez at Citifield

610389964.jpg

If we had any sort of bullpen we'd of won the series 3-1, hope we get our revenge in the final series and denying the mets a wildcard spot (although unlikely now) would be bitter sweet! Great tribute to Fernandez like you said same all around the MLB.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
If we had any sort of bullpen we'd of won the series 3-1, hope we get our revenge in the final series and denying the mets a wildcard spot (although unlikely now) would be bitter sweet! Great tribute to Fernandez like you said same all around the MLB.

I'm sure we can manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory! The Mets are good at that sort of thing

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Yankees/blue Jays last inning drama again last night! Incredible series.

Dee Gordon first home run and lead off last night was a very touching moment.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Nervous times for Jays fans. They threw away a lead against the Orioles on Wednesday going into the 9th, then lost again yesterday to level things up in the wildcard race. I don't fancy our chances in Boston either.

Detroit have a game in hand after a storm called off their game yesterday. They need to get themselves a roof.

Wild Card Teams W L PCT WCGB

Baltimore 87 72 .547 -
Toronto 87 72 .547 -
Detroit 85 73 .538 1.5
Seattle 85 74 .535 2.0

Similar story in the National League

Wild Card Teams W L PCT WCGB
NY Mets 85 74 .535 -
San Fran 84 75 .528 -
St Louis 83 76 .522 1.0

EDIT: Why do spaces get removed from posts?! Ruined the layout!

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
So everyone in the AL wildcard race may have to wait until Monday for the game between Indians and tigers! I still think jays and Orioles will take the wild card spot.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
So everyone in the AL wildcard race may have to wait until Monday for the game between Indians and tigers! I still think jays and Orioles will take the wild card spot.

I hope you're right. I'm holding out hope that the Red Sox will be resting players for the post season.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Cubs take 2 of 3 from Cardinals and David Ross goes out in style. Although he'll play in playoff games at Wrigley Field (I'll see it during the playoffs--my friends said they would get tickets)

Grandpa Ross, like the Cubs has been great entertainment.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
As a Mets fan it’s always nice to see the Evil Empire’s playoff hopes fizzle out. Despite a 5-1 victory against the Red Sox it was too little too late. Nice to see ‘Mo’ Rivera come out to say good bye to David Ortiz.

Mets will need the offense to carry their injury plagued rotation in any playoff run they hope to make. Jay Bruce is hitting form at the right time. The Mets outfielder, who has been through one of the worst slumps in his career after his trade, now has a five game hitting streak going with 3 home runs and 5 RBI.

May 14, 2015
If only the Yankees could have won just a few more games they would be right in contention. Still, it was nice to stop the Red Sox from celebrating on our diamond when they clinched. Tex has hit recently but the general theme with the Yankees seems to be that our offense is flat when Sanchez doesn't homer.

I think the blue jays will beat the orioles in the AL wildcard and the Mets will bet the Cardinals in the NL wildcard. I think the Dodger will stop the giants hopes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here