Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2016

Who's your favourite MLB team?

• Total voters

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Giants win. Cardinals win. Mets lose. The NL wild card race is now completely even between three teams. Each of the contenders, Giants, Cardinals and Mets, have a record of 80-71. Two of the teams will play in the NL wild card playoff match. Which of the three teams will be edged out? Very exciting and reminds me of last season's "race" for the Premier League between BHAFC and Boro.

Loving it, we still have two series against the Mets Will LOVE IT, if we ruin there playoff chances and finish our season on a high!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Rangers can clinch the AL West tonight should Astros lose the afternoon game at Oakland.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
11-1 Rockies against the Cards ouch, A's Astros is a good close game as is Seattle v Jays atm where Hernandez has had a great outing for the Mariners to give them a chance of the win.All rangers fans will be praying the A's can complete the comeback in the next 2 innings!

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Mets lose, Giants lose and the Cards lose, Pirates closing in, NL hotting up.

As for the AL.... It's close!

43ef450431ae81bb453e0445b5cd9931.jpg

Topnit

Sep 21, 2016
The Mets are apparently in talks to play a game at the Olympic Stadium next summer. Would be good, as long as the West Ham fans haven't trashed it by then.

May 14, 2015
If anyone's interested Great Britain are playing in the world baseball classic qualifiers tonight in Brooklyn, New York( home of the Yankees single A affiliate) the game is being streamed live on http://www.worldbaseballclassic.com/ . GB are trying to move up in the world rankings to be eligible for a position at the 2020 Olympics, so getting through to next years world baseball classic would be brilliant.

I believe they have about 14 minor league players playing for them, and Micheal Roth, who has pitched for the Miami Marlins in the MLB recently. Also, Trevor Hoffman is the bullpen coach, the second best reliever of all time.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
The Mets are apparently in talks to play a game at the Olympic Stadium next summer. Would be good, as long as the West Ham fans haven't trashed it by then.

Are these fresh talks? We were told about 2 months ago that a series between the mets and redsox at the Olympic stadium had broken down :(

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
If anyone's interested Great Britain are playing in the world baseball classic qualifiers tonight in Brooklyn, New York( home of the Yankees single A affiliate) the game is being streamed live on http://www.worldbaseballclassic.com/ . GB are trying to move up in the world rankings to be eligible for a position at the 2020 Olympics, so getting through to next years world baseball classic would be brilliant.

I believe they have about 14 minor league players playing for them, and Micheal Roth, who has pitched for the Miami Marlins in the MLB recently. Also, Trevor Hoffman is the bullpen coach, the second best reliever of all time.

A couple of my Southampton mustangs team mates are over there representing GB out there! Think Jacob Esch is pitching for GB too he was Stella against the Phillies for the Marlins a couple of weeks ago.Also last week they remained in the European top pool. Things really looking up for baseball in Britain!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm getting nervous. The Jays were so close to a series sweep in Seattle last night, to put a bit of a gap in the wildcard standings. Two on base with only one out in the top of the 12th innings, messed it up then the Mariners scored in the bottom half of the innings. :down:

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
I'm getting nervous. The Jays were so close to a series sweep in Seattle last night, to put a bit of a gap in the wildcard standings. Two on base with only one out in the top of the 12th innings, messed it up then the Mariners scored in the bottom half of the innings. :down:

What a game that was, when Jose hot that homer in the 9th the noise was incredible was as if the Jays where at home! Brilliant end to the game, missed opportunity for the Jays, Huge win for the Mariners!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
What a game that was, when Jose hot that homer in the 9th the noise was incredible was as if the Jays where at home! Brilliant end to the game, missed opportunity for the Jays, Huge win for the Mariners!

Annoyingly, I was in Seattle at the weekend but had to come back before the Jays series started. I saw so many people in Jays hats around the city so I can understand the turnout. I guess that's the advantage of having ONE baseball team for the whole of Canada, any game near the border is going to get a good following.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

Brooklyn Cyclones are an Mets affiliate, I believe.

PG

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto

Tough loss last night, and with the BoSox win surely a Wild Card spot is all there is to play for now? 5/6 from the last 10 should see us in, take 2 of those from the O's and should have home field. Pretty achievable. Love the idea of the WC game but not in a rush to put the whole season on the line for one game!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Brooklyn Cyclones are an Mets affiliate, I believe.

PG

Yes, the Brooklyn Cyclones are an affiliate of the Mets. They are in the New York-Penn League. I'd also point out that there will be many NY area fans cheering for the Israeli team in the World Baseball Classic. Sandy Koufax, a very successful pitcher with the Brooklyn Dodgers/Los Angeles Dodgers, I'm sure is very proud of an Israeli team playing right there in Brooklyn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Koufax

Sanford "Sandy" Koufax (/ˈkoʊfæks/; born Sanford Braun; December 30, 1935) is a former American Major League Baseball (MLB) left-handed pitcher. He pitched 12 seasons for the Brooklyn/Los Angeles Dodgers, from 1955 to 1966. Koufax, at age 36 in 1972, became the youngest player ever elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame. Koufax was born in Brooklyn, New York, to a Jewish family, and raised in Borough Park.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Tonight Team GB play in the final of the World Baseball Classic qualifier. First pitch is 11pm gmt and is live on the MLB.com or on the world baseball classic website, would be incredible and history if we did it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here