Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2011

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
smart money is on the Phillies this year.

Must get out my phillies hoodie and baseball cap!!!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

I'd wait until the morning if I was you. Carpenter to win the decider tonight :thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'd wait until the morning if I was you. Carpenter to win the decider tonight :thumbsup:

nah homefield advantage will come through, but the cardinals have certainly given it a go since the opening 11-6

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Go Rangers!

Beltre had a triple-HR game to see off the Rays and he had a shot at a 4th which no-one has ever done post-season.

Still think Phillies will win the classic but I'd love to see the Rangers AGAINST Cliff Lee after his heroics last year.

PG

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003

Don't know whether it's smart, it never is normally, but my money is certainly on them and I'm starting to get a bad feeling about tonight.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
cracking ending to the milwaukee-arizona game just now!

that leaves tigers v rangers and milwaukee v st louis/philly

my money is on the rangers! think they're looking pretty good...

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
If you see a bloke walking round Brighton today in a Cardinals shirt, with CARPENTER on the back.

That'll be me.

Complete game. Three hit shutout to send the Redbirds to the NLCS !

What a fcuking superstar Chris Carpenter is :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oh bollocks. Still credit where credits due
:kiss:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Cheers Granny. I wonder if they are familiar with the term "our name's on the cup" in the midwest ?

This Cardinals team were dead and buried, 7 games behind in the wild card as late as mid September.

Un-be-lieveable

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
If you see a bloke walking round Brighton today in a Cardinals shirt, with CARPENTER on the back.

That'll be me.

Complete game. Three hit shutout to send the Redbirds to the NLCS !

What a fcuking superstar Chris Carpenter is :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Wow!!! And given that we were double digits games back in the Wild Card at one point, this is one helluva comeback!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
:O Cardinals win their 18th National League pennant :O

World Series starts Wednesday in St Louis.

Any Rangers fans out there?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Interesting that the madman LaRussa gave the ball to everyone except Jason Motte in the 9th early in the season but finally came round to the notion that the best reliever is the man to close games. Plays havoc with your fantasy league team ...

Lewes' best seagull

Jan 31, 2008
Rangers!

images

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Cardinals win Game One.
Excellent tactical game, with the managers trading blows and unsurprisingly Tony La Russa getting it spot on.

Not having it on TV, I listened to the whole game on BBC 5 live sports extra. It was funny listening to a very English commentary. To an American I expect it sounded about as odd as it does to us when Yanks talk football, just using not quite the right terminology and so on.

Bloody good though. And I'm completely knackered this morning as it didn't finish until 4.15 :mad:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Rangers nick the second game, 2-1 in the 9th, to level the series at 1-1.

Hope you didn't stay up for this one, Barry.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Rangers nick the second game, 2-1 in the 9th, to level the series at 1-1.

Hope you didn't stay up for this one, Barry.

We did - #gorangers!

Superb execution by the speeedsters Andrus and Kinsler, taking advantage of a seemingly small mistake by Pujols in the field. From staring at 0-2 Rangers are now favourites to win the Fall classis for the first time ever. But it will be very tight, both games have been tactical and tense.

PG

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Interesting that the madman LaRussa gave the ball to everyone except Jason Motte in the 9th early in the season but finally came round to the notion that the best reliever is the man to close games. Plays havoc with your fantasy league team ...

Motte loss and blown save last night, maybe La Russa's instincts were (as usual) correct.

PG

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
La Russa got it wrong last night. Switched pitcher, first pitch HR MIke Napoli 4 zip Texas. Holland pitched superbly for the RANGERS.

Quite a series 2-2, guaranteed to go back to St Louis now.

If you watch this clip Baseball Video Highlights Clips | texasrangers.com: Multimedia the final commentary from the St Louis announcer says, deadpan, "Swing and a Home Run". That's how well he hit it. Tomohawked.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here