Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2011

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Three weeks now until the start of the 2011 season on March 31st and I am very excited to report that I have just bought tickets to see the World Champions at AT&T park on Fourth of July!

SAN DIEGO PADRES @ SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS​

Obviously not my team, but its a live game in the NL so what's not to like?

But as the evenings start to get lighter here, the sun comes out, Albion Flyer is winning races, The Albion are on a charge to the Championship and Falmer is nearly finished, how could things get any better?

Yes its the start of the baseball season. :smokin:

I am officially very excited to be going to at least one game this year.

Anyone else got plans to take in a ballgame?

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Oh yes. The mighty Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim....or whatever they will call themselves this season...better know round these parts as the Angels.

The "Big A" stadium is an easy 20 minute drive away, many week day and night games...and I wil take my 3 year old to his first game this year.

Happy days.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'm sure I'll take in a few Angel games this season. Not sure yet about the Padres & Giants.
Its the only game we can make on the trip. Just the guys though. Girls going shopping. :lol:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I’ll probably go to a few Mets games as they have announced they’ll be dropping their prices at Citi Field by 15% following last years less than impressive performance. See how they do with their new manager Terry Collins.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Won't be getting to Sarasota this year so won't see the Rays either. Shame - just love spending time on the West Coast of Florida and taking in a few games at the Tropicana Field.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The ten largest baseball stadiums hold between 46,000 - 56,000 people.

Just some ballpark figures for you.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Tropicana Field hopefully to see my Rays. The whole area is indeed lovely and the mrs. has only been to Orlando so doesn't know what she's missing (other than seeing the beaches in a sunday supplement and asking where that is...... oh the luck of it!)

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Will be following from afar as usual unless some miracle gets me across to the US before November. Can't see past Philly now that the wonderful Cliff Lee has joined the rotation. They're only 4-1 top price, but that's with Sportingbet, and if you haven't got an account already they'll match your first bet. So it's the Phillies at 8-1 for me this year.

johnhammond

Neither John, nor Hammond
Jan 17, 2008
Utrecht
I'll be going to a few Mariners games through the year (although probably waiting until the summer, it'll be hard to sit around in the cold/damp if they're as bad as last season).

portlander

Jul 16, 2003
Portland, Maine, USA
Only one team worth watching in the AL this year, and that's my Red Sox. Already had solid starting starting pitching and have added Carl Crawford, Adrian Gonzalez, and a slew of bullpen help. of course I would never have said this before 2004, but with a weakened Tampa and a Yankee team that has little pitching, we really should walk the AL East.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Thanks to the dodgy play-off system copied off the Americans my JBL team managed to win the Japan series despite only finishing third in their respective league.....

Will have to go to a few more games now they are the CHAMPIONS.

sb20101108j1a.jpg

+ Chiba Lotte Marines have a SEAGULL on their badge.

ChibaLotteMarines2.GIF

:thumbsup:

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Got my opening night ticket for the Jays. Can't wait, baseball season means start of summer - not long now.

Igor Gurinovich?

Mar 27, 2006
Southampton
Only one team worth watching in the AL this year, and that's my Red Sox. Already had solid starting starting pitching and have added Carl Crawford, Adrian Gonzalez, and a slew of bullpen help. of course I would never have said this before 2004, but with a weakened Tampa and a Yankee team that has little pitching, we really should walk the AL East.

i'll remind you of that if you arent up by 10 games by the All-Star break..

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Looks like the NL East favorites the Phillies might have a few injury problems. Dominic Brown has been sidelined for at least 3 months after breaking his hand last week and Chase Utley’s injured knee has not responded to cortisone shots and there is some doubt he may play at all this season. Manager Charlie Manuel is said to be very concerned about his No. 3 hitter.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'm going to my first spring training game of the year tomorrow (Dodgers @ the Oakland A's); forecast high is 83F. March is a GREAT time to be in Arizona. :smokin: 3 more spring training games and then I'll be at the D'backs home opener against the Reds on April 8th.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
here we go again!!

GO PHILLIES

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here