Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barton

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Haven't read the thread but have always liked his bite. However, disgusted with him yesterday, although we have had worse over the years.
No 'bite' about him at any point yesterday, just cowardice. Bite is when you go in for a 50/50 ball as hard as you can, confident you'll be stronger than your opposite number. He only ever bites when his opponent is helpless. My Mum's braver

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Bored of Barton now.

I was annoyed when he didn't get booked for an early foul, but put it down to the referee giving him a warning. Then I was annoyed because he moaned and moaned and moaned on about something for the next ten minutes and didn't get booked, despite a crystal clear display of dissent. Then he committed two more fouls, and on each of those, the ref seemed to give him another warning. By this stage, I was fairly sure he'd must have had some sort of compromising pictures of Craig Pawson involving several lines of coke and a an array of exotic prostitutes.

Then came the stamp- my question on this is, if it was an accident as a result of trying to jump over him, Joey, why didn't you immediately apologise? Surely that's your instinctive reaction to accidentally hurting somebody? No, you accused him of play acting and wasting time.

The elbow seems fairly clear cut as well, though I can't for the life of me see what it was that made contact with Barton's face that caused him to lie on the floor clutching it, as no part of Kayal's body was anywhere near his beautiful little features. Hold on, Joey- wasn't it you who said it's a contact sport?

I'm pissed off with his obvious lie after the game (the "accidental" bullshit, which clearly isn't true in the case of the stamp at least). Man up, face your responsibilities and admit it, Joey. Kayal was streets ahead of you in that game, and you couldn't deal with it, so you resorted to Bad Old Joey as you always do when things aren't going your way.

Hughton hasn't condemned him because he's the nicest man in football, and he never criticises anybody. That's fair enough, and I quite admire him for that. He's probably keeping his feelings for himself. I don't need Chris Hughton to confirm what I saw, and Burnley fans certainly don't have any reason to use Hughton's words as validation for Barton's nasty, thuggish behaviour.

What a great game of football, by the way. High standard on display, we played some great stuff at times, just a shame their corners were consistently so good, and a real threat every time they got one. Bringing on Barnes for the (tap-in aside) ineffective Gray was a great move, as he won every aerial ball he contested, upping the corner count, and ultimately resulting in their equaliser. Not sure they really deserved the point on the balance of play, but equally we knew at the time of the game that Keane's first header was over the line so at least it means they can't moan about that.

I hope they put as much effort in against Boro when they play them anyway.

Perfect summing up. Much better than the furious rantings in my head (but angry enough)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bored of Barton now.

I was annoyed when he didn't get booked for an early foul, but put it down to the referee giving him a warning. Then I was annoyed because he moaned and moaned and moaned on about something for the next ten minutes and didn't get booked, despite a crystal clear display of dissent. Then he committed two more fouls, and on each of those, the ref seemed to give him another warning. By this stage, I was fairly sure he'd must have had some sort of compromising pictures of Craig Pawson involving several lines of coke and a an array of exotic prostitutes.

Then came the stamp- my question on this is, if it was an accident as a result of trying to jump over him, Joey, why didn't you immediately apologise? Surely that's your instinctive reaction to accidentally hurting somebody? No, you accused him of play acting and wasting time.

The elbow seems fairly clear cut as well, though I can't for the life of me see what it was that made contact with Barton's face that caused him to lie on the floor clutching it, as no part of Kayal's body was anywhere near his beautiful little features. Hold on, Joey- wasn't it you who said it's a contact sport?

I'm pissed off with his obvious lie after the game (the "accidental" bullshit, which clearly isn't true in the case of the stamp at least). Man up, face your responsibilities and admit it, Joey. Kayal was streets ahead of you in that game, and you couldn't deal with it, so you resorted to Bad Old Joey as you always do when things aren't going your way.

Hughton hasn't condemned him because he's the nicest man in football, and he never criticises anybody. That's fair enough, and I quite admire him for that. He's probably keeping his feelings for himself. I don't need Chris Hughton to confirm what I saw, and Burnley fans certainly don't have any reason to use Hughton's words as validation for Barton's nasty, thuggish behaviour.

What a great game of football, by the way. High standard on display, we played some great stuff at times, just a shame their corners were consistently so good, and a real threat every time they got one. Bringing on Barnes for the (tap-in aside) ineffective Gray was a great move, as he won every aerial ball he contested, upping the corner count, and ultimately resulting in their equaliser. Not sure they really deserved the point on the balance of play, but equally we knew at the time of the game that Keane's first header was over the line so at least it means they can't moan about that.

I hope they put as much effort in against Boro when they play them anyway.

Superb post [emoji122]

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Will the FA or FL pick up on this? If a council member in Hull or Middlesbro or anywhere report it they must act. They can take action based on TV coverage but it needs somebody on their council at whatever level to report it.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
It was Dych's reaction to the post match interview that gave the game away. His reply to 'should Barton have been red carded', was to not answer but lead on about Knockhaert's tackle in the first half. I bet my pension Dych told Barton to stop Kayal anyway possible during the half time talk, but to attempt to break his leg is below the pale. Chris Powell & Peter Beagrie just looked at each other in disbelief at his response. I just hope the FA have the balls to take action in retrospect, but I doubt it.

Came across as a right knob in that interview. His defence of the tackle was laughable and then looked an even bigger tit when he demands to see the Knockaert tackle which is shown to be a perfectly fair challenge.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
The elbow seems fairly clear cut as well, though I can't for the life of me see what it was that made contact with Barton's face that caused him to lie on the floor clutching it, as no part of Kayal's body was anywhere near his beautiful little features.
Like most footballers when they commit a nasty foul they pretend to be hurt as well to get sympathy from ref as to say he did me as well. He must have got a funny elbow, we know how that does hurt.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It was far from calm.

My seat is behind the away team dugout and, finally, Hughton got a bit angry. Unfortunately he let Douche control all of the officials for most of the game. Every decision given against his clogging animals he was yelling and screaming at them. Every effing minute he had something to say to them.

Fecking horrible club-manager and fans stuck in a 70s mindset. Really hope they feck up and miss out on promotion-they are due a blip in form.

Yesterday I had the pleasure of being 3 rows behind the away dugout
You could hear most things

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hughton hasn't condemned him because he's the nicest man in football, and he never criticises anybody. That's fair enough, and I quite admire him for that.
I don't. Hughton can stay the nicest man in football and still call a nasty and dangerous stamp what it is. He doesn't need to win a Mary Poppins award. Our club should complain and put pressure on the FA to ban Barton, which could affect our chances of promotion.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Who would you rather have in your team, Barton or Sidwell

You really are an idiot aren't you. Compare him with our regular midfield starters of Kayal and Stephens not an out of form loan player.
Anyway the answer would still be Sidwell to your juvenile question. I wouldn't want that dirty thug anywhere near our great club.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yesterday I had the pleasure of being 3 rows behind the away dugout
You could hear most things

Then you would have seen Hughton getting very animated and angry at Douche. Not often he leaves his technical area to confront opposing managers-yesterday was one of those days. He should have done more of it because Douche was taking the piss.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Then you would have seen Hughton getting very animated and angry at Douche. Not often he leaves his technical area to confront opposing managers-yesterday was one of those days. He should have done more of it because Douche was taking the piss.

Yes I saw him leave the area. Hughton is a class act but I can understand why Gus liked that dugout as it enables the manager to pressure the lino

I said early on thay dyche wanted to ref the game and was in the ear of the 4 official.

I put a tweet out at one point early in the first set half of dyche and the 4 official talking, saying that ref dyche was consulting with his 4 official. It was planned and carefully executed by him.

But the this season, Burnley have the highest fouls to booking ratio in the league. I believe it's 10 fouls per booking as opposed to 6 to 1 that we have

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I don't. Hughton can stay the nicest man in football and still call a nasty and dangerous stamp what it is. He doesn't need to win a Mary Poppins award. Our club should complain and put pressure on the FA to ban Barton, which could affect our chances of promotion.

Totally agree with you. There are times when I wish he'd stop being Mr Nice Guy. He can be that with his squad if it gets the most out of them but when tossers like Dyche act like they do, trying to influence officials, defending disgraceful challenges like Barton's, etc., he needs to rip into the twats.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Having clamed down now I think, on reflection that we were our own worst enemy in that draw. Whatever the officials did or didn't do, whatever that thug Barton did, can't hide our frailties. Corner/set piece defending needs attention as well as Houghton himself looking at why he has to 'go defensive' with 20mins left.

Still think Barton should have a three match ban though!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I am not very good with technology but I think we should put video clips on all sort of message boards and facebook accounts etc and u-tube it because he deserves it as it shows what a thug he is. However I still think vinny Jones is harder.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Danny murphy on talk sport at the moment, was talking about the Barton stamp and he was saying Barton was getting a tough game from kayal so he thought it was normal to give something back. I am most probably hearing it wrong but if you can get the podcast of him and Alan brazil, have a listen. Frustrating much. Was about half and hour ago from now.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I am not very good with technology but I think we should put video clips on all sort of message boards and facebook accounts etc and u-tube it because he deserves it as it shows what a thug he is. However I still think vinny Jones is harder.

Nothing hard about anything Barton does, he's a coward - probably the most cowardly player I've seen.
I hated Vinnie Jones but at least he'd front up & do it face to face

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm calm enough now but I'm still annoyed about the whole thing. Barton should not have been on the pitch, their blocking of Stockers at every corner was ignored etc etc.

Say what you will about Barton but the real culprit here, the real problem, is (yet again) the officials. Time and time again in this league they bottle it and that's what happened Saturday.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Danny murphy on talk sport at the moment, was talking about the Barton stamp and he was saying Barton was getting a tough game from kayal so he thought it was normal to give something back. I am most probably hearing it wrong but if you can get the podcast of him and Alan brazil, have a listen. Frustrating much. Was about half and hour ago from now.

I heard it as well. He sounded unsure, thought for a minute then said it was 'the championship, it's tough' or something like that and that Kayal had been giving him a tough time. Said the challenge was 'a bit naughty' but basically been blown up 'because it's Barton'. Got the sense he was in two minds but maybe he's a pal so didn't want to slag him off.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I heard it as well. He sounded unsure, thought for a minute then said it was 'the championship, it's tough' or something like that and that Kayal had been giving him a tough time. Said the challenge was 'a bit naughty' but basically been blown up 'because it's Barton'. Got the sense he was in two minds but maybe he's a pal so didn't want to slag him off.

Spot on with the 'pal' bit, it was more than a little bit naughty.

Don't know about Kayal giving him a tough time, thoroughly outplaying would be more accurate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here