Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bart Verbruggen SINGS a 5-year deal

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
The general transfer window didn't open then though.

That was the domestic transfer window which applies between clubs in the same country.

The transfer window for clubs outside of England opened on 1st of July.
Ahh I see, cheers 👍

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Just like the pass to Cucurella in the 2-2 the season before...

Oh wait that was Sanchez...
Did Cucurella score? The only game I remember Cucurella scoring was against Man Utd in the 4-0 thrashing.

There was an world class pass from Sanchez to Cucurella in that game that Gross scored from.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not so sure.

We need two keepers for next season. One for the cups and one for the EPL.

McGill is not good enough yet.

Sanchez won’t sit on the bench.

So it’s Bart and Steele. I would not be surprised if Bart was given the cup games including Europa to prove himself first.
Wanna take my bet? Seriously.

I can’t see us spending 20m on a keeper that hasn’t already proved himself.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This is very true. also yesterday was slow news weekend being a Saturday. Bart has also been on u21 duty of course so that might have delayed things also.
I guess that's what's holding up the announcement about Colwill SINGING too...

:jester:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I guess that's what's holding up the announcement about Colwill SINGING too...

:jester:
Well that's running a bit late as Brighton forgot to announce him on 14th June but they will get around to it :LOL:

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
VERBRUGGEN SIGNS FROM ANDERLECHT

We are delighted to announce the signing of goalkeeper Bart Verbruggen from Anderlecht on a five-year contract until June 2028.

Men’s first-team head coach Roberto De Zerbi said, “I am very pleased to have signed Bart.

“He is used to playing a type of football similar to ours and he will have no problem fitting into our group.

“He has the potential to become a very important player for the club in the coming years.”

The 20-year-old arrives having won Anderlecht’s 2022/23 Player of the Season; he also received his first call-up to the Netherlands senior squad in March this year.

Bart began his career with his hometown club NAC Breda, before moving to Belgium in 2020, making his debut for Anderlecht in May 2021 in a 2-2 draw with Club Brugge.

Having begun the 2022/23 season as Anderlecht’s backup keeper, he was handed his first league start of the campaign on Boxing Day.

Bart started every league game from that point on, and helped his team reach the quarter-finals of the Europa Conference League.

He made his Netherlands Under-21 debut last month in a 0-0 draw with Japan, having also represented his country at Under-18 level.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Great news

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
bart-simpson-dance.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here