[Albion] Bart Verbruggen SINGS a 5-year deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This is just not true. Sanchez’ previous 4 games before he dropped one high ball at Selhurst, saw us win 3 (beaten only by a penalty at Everton, and clean sheets v Bournemouth and Liverpool) and draw 1.
Sanchez’ form was absolutely fine and there were zero Albion fans suggesting the change be made.

Steele was clearly training well and more receptive to RDZ’s ideas.
Agree with this.

Sanchez is a good goalie, with a lot to learn and it literally has come down to team playing style.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Assuming this signing is done and there are no pre-season injuries, I would bet money that Verbruggen will be our starting keeper against Luton.

Having the same keeper from day 1 helps with a settled side.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Assuming this signing is done and there are no pre-season injuries, I would bet money that Verbruggen will be our starting keeper against Luton.

Having the same keeper from day 1 helps with a settled side.
Not so sure.

We need two keepers for next season. One for the cups and one for the EPL.

McGill is not good enough yet.

Sanchez won’t sit on the bench.

So it’s Bart and Steele. I would not be surprised if Bart was given the cup games including Europa to prove himself first.

Dagan

Jul 1, 2023
Hopefully Verbruggen is a hybrid of Steele and Sanchez‘s best goalkeeping attributes.
From what I've seen, that's exactly what he is. I think he actually has better shot stopping than Sanchez as well as better distribution skill than Steele. Obviously, he's young and won't be perfect from Day 1, but he's a really impressive talent. One thing that really impressed me during the Netherlands' U21 games was how loud Verbruggen was commanding the defense; you could hear him over the broadcast team, which is pretty rare. He's confident, assertive, and decisive from all that I've witnessed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not so sure.

We need two keepers for next season. One for the cups and one for the EPL.

McGill is not good enough yet.

Sanchez won’t sit on the bench.

So it’s Bart and Steele. I would not be surprised if Bart was given the cup games including Europa to prove himself first.
Not altogether correct - we simply don't know how good or otherwise McGill is. He hasn't (I don't think) played a single minute for the first team, and has never had a signficant loan. I don't know when he signed up to, but a decision about him needs to be made soon, I would think. Sell him now for what we can get, or loan him out (but not if that means he'll walk away for nothing at the end of the season)?

Maybe he and Rushworth could share the third GK spot? - half a season each on loan, and half a season bench-warmng (occasionally).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is this happening then? It seems to have gone ominously quiet.
Transfer window has been open 2 days

Calm Down Chill Out GIF by Kev Lavery

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
From what I've seen, that's exactly what he is. I think he actually has better shot stopping than Sanchez as well as better distribution skill than Steele. Obviously, he's young and won't be perfect from Day 1, but he's a really impressive talent. One thing that really impressed me during the Netherlands' U21 games was how loud Verbruggen was commanding the defense; you could hear him over the broadcast team, which is pretty rare. He's confident, assertive, and decisive from all that I've witnessed.
Sounds ideal for us. Hopefully we’ll get him, I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Not true, it opened on 14 June. Just we didn't officially sign Milner or Dahoud until the 1st July as they had contracts up to 30 June.
The general transfer window didn't open then though.

That was the domestic transfer window which applies between clubs in the same country.

The transfer window for clubs outside of England opened on 1st of July.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
The general transfer window didn't open then though.

That was the domestic transfer window which applies between clubs in the same country.

The transfer window for clubs outside of England opened on 1st of July.
This is very true. also yesterday was slow news weekend being a Saturday. Bart has also been on u21 duty of course so that might have delayed things also.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports