Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bart Verbruggen SINGS a 5-year deal

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm not a fan of this kind of argument. One, it's a bit unnecessarily derogatory. Two, it's not like their players actually live in Burnley, is it? They'll all be entrenched in the Cheshire footballer belt, or in barn conversions out in the countryside overlooking the Pennines. Not in some red brick two-up-two-down with an outside toilet, snacking on Betty's hotpot after training and parking the Ferrari in the alley out t'back.
You’ve clearly been to Burnley then 🤣🤣

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yep let's hope he happens. Although 90% of our previous Dutch league or nationality signings (excluding velts) have been absolute gash !!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wonder what we'll do for a third GK now. Will we just take a risk and allow the U21 GK to step up if needed? - McGill I'm sure needs a decent loan - apart from one game for Crawley he's only ever had a couple of short low level non-league loans. Rushworth is probably good enough too - but his development needs are surely more game time, not just training and hanging around on the off-chance that the third choice GK will be called into action. Half a season loan for each, perhaps?

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Wonder what we'll do for a third GK now. Will we just take a risk and allow the U21 GK to step up if needed? - McGill I'm sure needs a decent loan - apart from one game for Crawley he's only ever had a couple of short low level non-league loans. Rushworth is probably good enough too - but his development needs are surely more game time, not just training and hanging around on the off-chance that the third choice GK will be called into action. Half a season loan for each, perhaps?

Maybe loan out both but with recall clauses in both loans

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I wonder what Sanchez thinks about the last 24 hours, watching fellow Spanish keeper Simon's penalty shoot-out heroics win the Nations League for Spain, and Brighton move to sign one of Europe's hottest young keepers.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I wonder what Sanchez thinks about the last 24 hours, watching fellow Spanish keeper Simon's penalty shoot-out heroics win the Nations League for Spain, and Brighton move to sign one of Europe's hottest young keepers.
I'm guessing ... "this is Brighton's fault, this is the Spain manager's fault, this is Steele's fault. Why won't they let me have my move to Real Madrid?"

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Statistically he looks a massive upgrade. As I've said before, Steele did well for us and surprised many with the ball at his feet but he isn't and never will be a top level GK. Really excited by this signing.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

OK, but this is in the Juliper League.

Strikers hit it less hard. They press less hard.

This lad might come in as number one, but I would not be surprised to see Steele retained. He would have been another player of the season contender had his level of performance over the last few months been replicated over the full season.

Both I'm sure would play plenty of football, but i'm not sure which one would be in the league and which one in the cup at this stage

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here