Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bart Verbruggen SINGS a 5-year deal

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Where is the big Ajax Dutch keeper bloke we singed last year?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Loaned out last season..at 6ft 8 you'd imagine he doesn't have the data to support contributing a great deal in a RDZ team.
Very strange we are not looking to develop him…maybe we are, but who knows

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Seem to be getting closer to a deal if Romano is anything to go by

IMG_0248.jpeg

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Seem to be getting closer to a deal if Romano is anything to go by

View attachment 162305

Lets hope that the Twatter whore is right. It makes sense to come here as we're established PL side, in Europe etc..

But the Kompany connection and that Anderlechts former GK coach is now at Burnley, you'd think that would add to their attraction.

At the end of the day it probably comes down to who offers the best deal for the club and player and you'd expect we'll be able to offer more with the other players Burnley would want to bring in.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Lets hope that the Twatter whore is right. It makes sense to come here as we're established PL side, in Europe etc..

But the Kompany connection and that Anderlechts former GK coach is now at Burnley, you'd think that would add to their attraction.

At the end of the day it probably comes down to who offers the best deal for the club and player and you'd expect we'll be able to offer more with the other players Burnley would want to bring in.
Not living in Burnley would be a major selling point from our recruitment guys.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
And Burnley may struggle to stay up

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It's tough to bring in a keeper as usually when you do there is an issue with the one you have so you're effectively promising the incoming keeper the first go at the number one spot. In this instance Steele has been exceptional and does not deserve to be dropped.

And personally if I was deciding whether to be a cup keeper for Brighton or an undisputed first choice for Burnley I would choose Burnley, notwithstanding that it's a dreadful town and they will probably go down. He won't live there and he'll have a relegation clause inserted.

If we really want him, we'll have to offer him more in my view. The first go at the number one shirt. Incredibly harsh on Steele, but he's bounced back before and I think he can do it again.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
It's tough to bring in a keeper as usually when you do there is an issue with the one you have so you're effectively promising the incoming keeper the first go at the number one spot. In this instance Steele has been exceptional and does not deserve to be dropped.

And personally if I was deciding whether to be a cup keeper for Brighton or an undisputed first choice for Burnley I would choose Burnley, notwithstanding that it's a dreadful town and they will probably go down. He won't live there and he'll have a relegation clause inserted.

If we really want him, we'll have to offer him more in my view. The first go at the number one shirt. Incredibly harsh on Steele, but he's bounced back before and I think he can do it again.

feel like there will be more than enough games to go around next season. and i doubt we’d be buying him for that figure, especially when historically we haven’t spent much on goalkeepers, if there wasn’t an indication that he would be our starting keeper pretty soon

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
feel like there will be more than enough games to go around next season. and i doubt we’d be buying him for that figure, especially when historically we haven’t spent much on goalkeepers, if there wasn’t an indication that he would be our starting keeper pretty soon

From what I'm reading about his talent, and given our current goalkeeper situation, I suspect he could end up being our number one by the end of the season.

Like many of our young players, we won't want to rush him - but just like the others, if he's good enough, then he could easily become a key player in our first XI early on.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Scherpen + Cash possibly??

I know the old football manager/fifa p/ex don’t happen very often but it would work pretty well for both sides?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Albion need three keepers. If Sanchez is being sold (likely) and Rushworth and Beadle and Scherpen are having further loans (likely) with a view to them joining the set up further down the line then Steele needs a #2 - perhaps Verbruggen as the #2 with McGill as the non playing #3.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Albion need three keepers. If Sanchez is being sold (likely) and Rushworth and Beadle and Scherpen are having further loans (likely) with a view to them joining the set up further down the line then Steele needs a #2 - perhaps Verbruggen as the #2 with McGill as the non playing #3.
It would be astounding if McGill doesn't go out on loan.

He has less professional appearances than all of Scherpen, Rushworth and even Beadle.

Non-playing indeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here