Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barcelona fuming with chelsea "Thugs"

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
I find it a little sad that one of the richest teams in the world doesn't have the guts to try and play football.
There's nothing wrong with defensive football, like the classic Italian way of playing but that requires you to keep possession of the ball and be organised. What Chelsea did was if in doubt get it out, aimless long balls to an isolated lone striker, coupled with niggly fouls.

This is why your not a football manager have you still failed to work out that an away team in Europe never goes all out for the win it would be so damn foolish of any manager to think that they could go to barcelona on thier form this season and play attacking football without conceding bag fulls and if you look at teams that have gone and tried to attack barca in Europe you only need to look at Bayern who were 4-0 by half time due being to forward thinking, and if you still need convincing check barcelona's record this season they have won by 5 goals on 7 occasions (I Think)

And in reply to your other post you picked out his as the worst dive but that was once and at least he got up and got on with it unlike Alves who dived 4-5 times and to make matters worse he also kept looking at the referee and then getting up as soon as he saw it wasnt given and then they have the cheek to call Chelsea "thugs" and "cheaters"
Discraceful END OF.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Have you learned punctuation and grammar?

I'll will accept i'm wrong if you have won more European ties than i have. I have won zero. Can you beat that?

It wasn't a great game of football. I agree with some of Xavi's comments; Chelsea were very physical, but that was the gameplan. Barcelona were largely undone by their tendancy to dive and generally hit the deck far too easily; when it came to 50/50 decisions the referee had no idea how hard the Barca players had been hit because they were falling over all of the time! I saw all of the first half and thought the ref generally did very well; called things that were fouls but let players get away with physical but legal challenges, which often isn't the case in European games. I also thought it was fantastic when he booked Toure for making the imaginary card sign trying to get a Chelsea player booked. If only all refs did that.

Having said that, as we all know, Barca aren't the only team that likes a dive. I find Drogba incredibly frustrating to watch; he clearly has fantastic ability, but is far too keen to hit the deck and roll over at every opportunity. However as someone said above, at least in most Premiership teams it tends to be a few players that do it, rather than the entire team.

Dandyman

In London village.
It's Chelski, so f*** 'em. Viva Barca.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton

I'll will accept i'm wrong if you have won more European ties than i have. I have won zero. Can you beat that?

Its called being hypothetical how about replying to some of my other points?
As to what you said about my punctuation and grammar, I wont even take that seriously after reading your last post.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
the ref last night should ref in every game ever, he only blew for blatant fouls and told all the divers to just get up and get on with it....even if Ronaldo did deserve a booking for one blatant dive. Great reffing I thought

Spot on. I watched both semis and thought the ref was the difference. Once Tuesday's ref had let a couple of cynical challenges by chelsea go unpunished, he set the tone. Wednesday's ref blew for fouls and ignored Utd's (well, mostly Ronaldo's) playing for freekicks.

Playing On The Grit

Twitter: @leighjcooper
Apr 2, 2008
No,
Because if you watch spanish football its nowhere near the same as english football theres far more diving and acting up to the referee, also you will notice that the tackles made there are very few and far between

Compare this to the premier league where you have a mix between both we have players like John terry , Vidic Ect who are warriors and would take a blow to then head to stop a ball getting in the back of the net, then we have players such as ronaldo who are like the entire barcelona team

I Just think in our country we have a great mixture between talent and toughness in our top teams where as spainish top sides have talent no doubt about it but very few players with the toughness of JT ect.

We saw it with Real Madrid VS Liverpool the Spaniards were just outfought in all areas of the pitch both legs thus losing the game, the same happened yesterday for sure chelsea didnt do it pretty but they did what they had to and challenges like the ones in that match are seen every week in the english league.
Plus i wouldnt say they could blame the referee for thinking they were play acting i sometimes think im watching a play instead of football when i watch spanish football

Just my opinion anyway.

They're absolutely right, Chelsea went there to defend and get a 0-0 draw, which they did. It's called tactics, when you're away to a team who have scored 140 goals this season, why would you make it easy for them to beat you?! Get a grip Xavi, and Barcelona.

It was cack to watch, but ultimately that's not what really matters.

I would have to agree with both of these arguments. Some people seem to think because it was Barcelona, Chelsea should've let them play their pretty game and dazzle us with their skills and not step in their way of getting to the final...just because it's Barcelona. Chelsea clearly had a game plan and part one is complete.

The first leg was cack to watch but it has ensured a cracking second leg. Surely better as a spectacle than Chelsea trying to outplay Barcelona in the first leg, getting tonked and not being in a position to win the tie in the second leg? Who would want to watch the second leg if Barcelona were home and dry and they didn't need to come out and play?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
They are just having a big moan up to cover their shortcomings during the match..they thought that they were going to piss it

Jan 30, 2008
:braders:
Heres the article that has got me annoyed and i need a rant

:rant:
This coming from the team who dive like little girls at every challenge that idiot dani alves for example is an utter disgrace he rolls around on the floor like he has been shot looks at referee see's he hasnt given anything and gets up and starts running around again.
These softy overrated greasepots don't seem to understand is that football is a man's game and that the point of fair play is not to let your opponent pass the ball around and back until everyone gets dizzy and then let them score. It's not Chelsea players' fault that Barca 'stars' spend the total of zero minutes in the gym and that, apart from Yaya Toure and Puyol, they all have the physical strength of a three-legged asthmatic cat with flu.

:mad::rant::rant::rant:
RANT OVER
Thoughts?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Boring Barcelona moaning about nothing. I can't think of a bad tackle Chelsea put in all game. Iniesta was almost crying because Ballack slightly touched his face. Bunch of wimps!

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I can't think of a bad tackle Chelsea put in all game.

We must've been watching a different game, then. Weren't watching through beer goggles, were you?

Yoda

English & European
Boring Barcelona moaning about nothing. I can't think of a bad tackle Chelsea put in all game. Iniesta was almost crying because Ballack slightly touched his face. Bunch of wimps!

Not forgetting he was holding the WRONG side of his face. F##KING BIG PANSY!!! :rant:

I can't stand to watch Spanish (and to effect Portugese) football due to the constant diving and play acting.

Nicaraguanseagull

Apr 18, 2009
Not forgetting he was holding the WRONG side of his face. F##KING BIG PANSY!!! :rant:

I can't stand to watch Spanish (and to effect Portugese) football due to the constant diving and play acting.

Yet when Gerrard or Rooney dive that's fine right?
Unfortunately World football is full of diving and Spanish and Portuguese leagues should not be singled out for "constant diving" as this could also be said about the Premier league.
Iniesta may have exaggerated the foul, but there is no denying that Ballack's foul was disgraceful as Iniesta would've been clean through.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I hope Chelsea stuff them in the 2nd leg and I don't actually care much for Chelsea.

They whine about not being part of Spain but play in the Spanish league. Seperate nation my arse. The fact is they did not score against Chelsea and that was a first for this season so they whine yet again.

Best booking of the night was for the tosser who waved an imaginary yellow card.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

I'll will accept i'm wrong if you have won more European ties than i have.

:whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here