Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barber advises Albion fans to avoid illegal ticket scams...

D

Deleted member 2719

The loyalty at Gillingham and Withdean was rewarded when we moved into the Amex, as we got priority in picking our seats.

Yes i know that and rightly so, why not give these individuals extra loyalty points.

They deserve it.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yes i know that and rightly so, why not give these individuals extra loyalty points.

They deserve it.

Ok; I can see this. How many extra LP would you give someone who had a ST for the last season at Withdean? Bear in mind that six consecutive seasons at the AMEX gets you 180 points.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

They deserve it.

We did for the first season. Now the loyalty points go back six years so someone who had loyalty points on the opening day of the Amex, will have more than someone who's had a season ticket for two years.

D

Deleted member 2719

Ok; I can see this. How many extra LP would you give someone who had a ST for the last season at Withdean? Bear in mind that six consecutive seasons at the AMEX gets you 180 points.

It's not me to decide but none at all is right smack around the chops for those Withdean fans, where is the loyalty being given back from the club.

Then we have the consecutive seasons points so you miss a season and you start back at 50 is that right???

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
protest.jpg

I want 1000 extra loyalty points. :wink:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It's not me to decide but none at all is right smack around the chops for those Withdean fans, where is the loyalty being given back from the club.

Then we have the consecutive seasons points so you miss a season and you start back at 50 is that right???

Unless it's a very high number, it would make no difference. Look at the LP required to get tix for Watford and Leicester. If you've been a STH at the AMEX for 6 years and not gone away, you wouldn't have got a ticket for Watford.

The club have to draw a line somewhere, and choosing to draw it at the start of the AMEX era is a pretty obvious place to draw it, given it's six years ago now. Could they have drawn it at the start of Withdean? Yes, probably, with probably some more admin hassle. That might have been "fairer" too, but only, imo, if said Withdean STH continues to hold an AMEX ST. I don't think that someone who held a Withdean ST but not an AMEX one is more deserving of getting away tix than someone who didn't have a Withdean ST, but does have an AMEX one.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

You're missing the point. If you are a loyal fan from withdean days then you would no doubt have got a season ticket for the first season at Falmer and would, as one of the loyal fans, been going to away games and would have the necessary points. You havent maintained that whilst at the Amex why should you be ahead of those that did or those that have been on board since the fist Amex game.
Out of interest are you affected by this or do you have enough loyalty points?

D

Deleted member 2719

protest.jpg

I want 1000 extra loyalty points. :wink:

You would get 2000 points if you were in that picture. :clap2::clap2:

Mind you i would need you to champion Mouldy for Chief Executive.:wink:

I don't think that someone who held a Withdean ST but not an AMEX one is more deserving of getting away tix than someone who didn't have a Withdean ST, but does have an AMEX one.

But that's not what i am suggesting.
Maybe best to leave it there, i am sure we both have better things to do!

You're missing the point. If you are a loyal fan from withdean days then you would no doubt have got a season ticket for the first season at Falmer and would, as one of the loyal fans, been going to away games and would have the necessary points. You havent maintained that whilst at the Amex why should you be ahead of those that did or those that have been on board since the fist Amex game.
Out of interest are you affected by this or do you have enough loyalty points?

This is about the loyal long term fan because they have missed a season ticket at the AMEX for a year or so then the newbie heads the list for points and they may have just jumped on because of the recent success.

I have 77 members points and 8 STH points, how about you???

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You would get 2000 points if you were in that picture. :clap2::clap2:

Mind you i would need you to champion Mouldy for Chief Executive.:wink:

But that's not what i am suggesting.
Maybe best to leave it there, i am sure we both have better things to do!

This is about the loyal long term fan because they have missed a season ticket at the AMEX for a year or so then the newbie heads the list for points and they may have just jumped on because of the recent success.

I have 77 members points and 8 STH points, how about you???
288 st points

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Obviously not if they paid cash on the gate but we would have season ticket records also.

On the bit you quoted me on i was mainly talking about the Withdean as these were the years we needed to know every man, woman and dog that turned up.
But it appears we were all faceless fans.

Well what about those of us who paid cash on the gate at the Goldstone (and Gillingham)? How are we going to get our, richly deserved, extra loyalty points? I've got thirty years' worth coming to me. Or am I just a 'faceless fan'?

D

Deleted member 2719

288 st points

So talking from a position of strength as my mate used to say!

Well what about those of us who paid cash on the gate at the Goldstone (and Gillingham)? How are we going to get our, richly deserved, extra loyalty points? I've got thirty years' worth coming to me. Or am I just a 'faceless fan'?

Yeah i am afraid your faceless unless you been doing back to back years at the AMEX!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Club just need to buy a few of these tickets and then can cancel the original buyers season ticket with no refund. They have another away ticket to sell as well as a season ricket for someome om the waiting list. Would be interesting if it turned out it was 1901s that were profiteering! There is also a massive difference between having a ticket, not being able to go and givng to a friend and putting it on a resale sit for profit.

This.

There would no legal comeback for the person illegally reselling.

It might change the selfish behaviour of those doing it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So talking from a position of strength as my mate used to say!

Yeah i am afraid your faceless unless you been doing back to back years at the AMEX!

Well as I understand it you decided, for whatever reason, not to have a season ticket for one of the Amex seasons. Why should you have priority over those that kept it going. Yes, I do comment from a position of strength. I had a West Stand season ticket for a little while at the Goldstone then went back to the terraces. I went to most of the Priestfield games and was a season ticket holder throughout the Withdean years. Am a I a super fan? Is football my life? No to both but I have been fortunate enough to be able to continual include my support of Brighton as part of my life. Now I'm getting the reward for that. Some people make choices and some have them forced upon them. The club can't please all the fans all of the time etc etc.

As someone else said, the club have to draw the line somewhere!

D

Deleted member 2719

Well as I understand it you decided, for whatever reason, not to have a season ticket for one of the Amex seasons. Why should you have priority over those that kept it going. Yes, I do comment from a position of strength. I had a West Stand season ticket for a little while at the Goldstone then went back to the terraces. I went to most of the Priestfield games and was a season ticket holder throughout the Withdean years. Am a I a super fan? Is football my life? No to both but I have been fortunate enough to be able to continual include my support of Brighton as part of my life. Now I'm getting the reward for that. Some people make choices and some have them forced upon them. The club can't please all the fans all of the time etc etc.

As someone else said, the club have to draw the line somewhere!

woo there, i wasn't having a crack at you, you obviously deserve those points.

I have 3 consecutive ST at the Amex and did 8-10 games while at Goldstone, Priestfield and Withdean and the newbie who has 4 consecutive seasons at the AMEX trumps me, does that fan deserve it?
are they here for the long haul?
or will they fade in to the distance when we are in the wrong division for their expectancy?

My point is i know lots of fans are in my situation and the loyalty only seems to extend if you are doing consecutive season at the AMEX, miss one and your fecked, have i got that wrong???

It's a tie in and passive pressure sale which ever way you look at in my book.

Please tell me if i am wrong.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
You are wrong.
You only did 8-10 games pre-amex, for a reason. A person that did an extra year than you at the Amex did at least 9 games more than you, not including cup games. Don't forget, that person that didn't do Goldstone, Priestfield or Withdean may not have been alive...

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here