Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barber advises Albion fans to avoid illegal ticket scams...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't forget the shoestring budget but i would have thought we kept records of our paying customers. They could have asked fans for free help in administrating this as i am sure they would have done this, i would have been happy to help out as like you i contributed to the alive and kicking fund.

You should be near the top of the list when it comes to loyalty because of your donation and years of support. (so should i !!)

Are you suggesting we do not know who put their hands in their pockets when we were at deaths door?

Can you explain what records they would have of those that regularly attended the Goldstone but paid cash at the gate which was probably the vat majority?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Club just need to buy a few of these tickets and then can cancel the original buyers season ticket with no refund. They have another away ticket to sell as well as a season ricket for someome om the waiting list. Would be interesting if it turned out it was 1901s that were profiteering! There is also a massive difference between having a ticket, not being able to go and givng to a friend and putting it on a resale sit for profit.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Club just need to buy a few of these tickets and then can cancel the original buyers season ticket with no refund. They have another away ticket to sell as well as a season ricket for someome om the waiting list. Would be interesting if it turned out it was 1901s that were profiteering! There is also a massive difference between having a ticket, not being able to go and givng to a friend and putting it on a resale sit for profit.

Yes this does seem bleedin' obvious why don't they just get on with it instead of the hyperbole.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

They probably are, but also warning other fans that it's illegal, and that they know it's going on.

D

Deleted member 2719

Can you explain what records they would have of those that regularly attended the Goldstone but paid cash at the gate which was probably the vat majority?

Obviously not if they paid cash on the gate but we would have season ticket records also.

On the bit you quoted me on i was mainly talking about the Withdean as these were the years we needed to know every man, woman and dog that turned up.
But it appears we were all faceless fans.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Obviously not if they paid cash on the gate but we would have season ticket records also.

On the bit you quoted me on i was mainly talking about the Withdean as these were the years we needed to know every man, woman and dog that turned up.

I'm struggling to understand your point here. The club's new LP system gives highest priority to those people who have both had an AMEX ST and attended away games. If those who had a ST at Withdean (let alone Priestfield and the Goldstone) got higher priority than those who have a ST at the AMEX, wouldn't you be rewarding those who used to be fans, rather than those who are fans now?

You'd have a point, I think, if we'd only moved to the AMEX last year or even 2 years ago, but it's six years. How can someone who used to go to games seven years ago but not since then be more deserving than someone who didn't go seven years ago, but has been a STH for the last six?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My voucher was £20 as a concession and my husband's was £25.

Sounds like the club need to pare that back a bit. Seems over-generous to me.

A £20 SHOP VOUCHER doesn't COST them £20, though. It will be exchanged in the club shop for goods that COST the club a tenner :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I'm pretty sure tickets for games at Withdean had the person's name and some kind of fan id number printed on them.

D

Deleted member 2719

I'm struggling to understand your point here. The club's new LP system gives highest priority to those people who have both had an AMEX ST and attended away games. If those who had a ST at Withdean (let alone Priestfield and the Goldstone) got higher priority than those who have a ST at the AMEX, wouldn't you be rewarding those who used to be fans, rather than those who are fans now?

You'd have a point, I think, if we'd only moved to the AMEX last year or even 2 years ago, but it's six years. How can someone who used to go to games seven years ago but not since then be more deserving than someone who didn't go seven years ago, but has been a STH for the last six?

What i am suggesting is fans let just say of 20 years support through the dark times were passionate and prepared to give what they could like the alive and kicking fund going to Gillingham, Withdean, when we really were on our knees.

Their loyalty should be added to the current system also, i know why the club are doing it but that doesn't make it morally right.

Peoples priorities change and some might not make it so often to the AMEX, whether its financial, bringing up kids, have no one to go with and need to align their calendar with their friends or they have moved further away.
This is not to say these supporter have given up, they will be back they have been doing it for the past 20 years so why discriminate against these fans that were there, because they wanted to do there bit to keep the club alive and kicking.

I just feel the bigger picture is not being seen, like i have said in other posts if we ever slip down the leagues, who will be there?

Will the modern AMEX newbie follow us in league 1 or 2?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The loyalty at Gillingham and Withdean was rewarded when we moved into the Amex, as we got priority in picking our seats.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'm pretty sure tickets for games at Withdean had the person's name and some kind of fan id number printed on them.

Withdean fan numbers are all 5000****
Falmer fan numbers are 700*****

So the club do know who was at Withdean and who was not. Not that I think that is particularly relevant. 6 years of Falmer loyalty points is going far enough back, imo.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

Yep bottom right hand corner of your retained stub had your name on the ticket and even your dogs name if it was raining .

D

Deleted member 2719

Withdean fan numbers are all 5000****
Falmer fan numbers are 700*****

So the club do know who was at Withdean and who was not. Not that I think that is particularly relevant. 6 years of Falmer loyalty points is going far enough back, imo.

So i know fans that did lets say went to 7-10 games per season all the time at Withdean (when we needed fans) and 3 season tickets at the Amex.

So the guy,girl who has done 4 seasons at the AMEX and couldn't be arsed to go to an open air lower league side when we were struggling is the latest kid on the block, get's all the priority and jumps ahead of them.

What wrong with extending it to those Withdean warriors???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here