Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*BANNED from NSC for having the WRONG political VIEWS*

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I am NOT making it all about me, I am on a day off (very rare) and having a laugh, and it was a joke as I claim whatever you or anyone else cares to think, if you want to send me anything subtle, PM me. oh and if I am getting more tedious, sorry.

100 posts of which 24 are yours.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Right, as our resident pedant I've allowed you 30mins to edit 'through' with 'threw'. It's not happened, and frankly I'm disappointed.
My bad. I am sorry I disappointed you. I may be a pedant, but I'm also crap at English. Sorry, what I mean is, I was impersonating Ernest, so all spelling and grammatical mistakes were (and continue to be) deliberate. Come to think of it, maybe I am Ernest. The suckers can ban one of my accounts, but they'll never ban them all.

Aug 23, 2011
Contrary to the popular belief perpetrated (traditionally) by Have I Got News For You, merely sticking "allegedly" before a libellous allegation won't necessarily render it legitimate.

and Have I Got News For You have a lawyer (or team of lawyers) checking the very contentious things before they say it with the power to veto dodgy things. In addition fact Ian Hislop was/is the most sued man in Britain for Private eye "stories", following what they do isn't best practice

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
and Have I Got News For You have a lawyer (or team of lawyers) checking the very contentious things before they say it with the power to veto dodgy things. In addition fact Ian Hislop was/is the most sued man in Britain for Private eye "stories", following what they do isn't best practice

Does "Have I got News For You" go out live then? I thought it was recorded and edited, looking back on past shows where they show "Out Takes" itt certainly gives that impression.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry, but that's bollocks. Nobody, in this case, or as far as I've ever been privvy to in any other case, has ever been censured for 'holding political opinions'.

Ernest has made a libelous statement about a public figure, who happens to be a politician. Had he been a footballer, and astronaut or a big brother contestant, would have made no difference.

Clutching at straws.

I think you are clutching at straws as I dont see any distinction. In fact libel(if it was) would be more salient if it was an albion footballer as gulls eye found out with its article about people running the club.

Im just finding it a bit to coincidental that a few weeks after i was banned for "racism", based on the premise I made an unsourced quote that Ernist is banned for similar, who makes a "politics" claim which was the conclusion I came to about my ban, I haven't spoken to Ernist at all about my ban or his.

Neither ban has been posted in the moderation forum with an explanasion.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think you are clutching at straws as I dont see any distinction. In fact libel(if it was) would be more salient if it was an albion footballer as gulls eye found out with its article about people running the club.

Im just finding it a bit to coincidental that a few weeks after i was banned for "racism", based on the premise I made an unsourced quote that Ernist is banned for similar, who makes a "politics" claim which was the conclusion I came to about my ban, I haven't spoken to Ernist at all about my ban or his.

Neither ban has been posted in the moderation forum with an explanasion.

Are you being deliberately obtuse, or are you just hard of thinking?

Ernest's infraction has NOTHING to do with his 'political views' - had the public figure at the centre of his post been a Labour peer or a UKIP councillor, rather than a Tory, the moderation would have been exactly the same. Its utter nonsense to suggest otherwise.

And the reason that his 'banning' is not posted in 'Moderating Decisions' is that he was never banned. If he recieved an infraction that carried points, and those additional points, added to existing points, carried him over the threshold into an automatically generated short ban, that is different.

Infractions are not posted anywhere. they are between the moderator(s) and the poster, and are intended to be private, unless like here, the poster in question chosses to make them public for some reason.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Are you being deliberately obtuse, or are you just hard of thinking?

Ernest's infraction has NOTHING to do with his 'political views' - had the public figure at the centre of his post been a Labour peer or a UKIP councillor, rather than a Tory, the moderation would have been exactly the same. Its utter nonsense to suggest otherwise.

And the reason that his 'banning' is not posted in 'Moderating Decisions' is that he was never banned. If he recieved an infraction that carried points, and those additional points, added to existing points, carried him over the threshold into an automatically generated short ban, that is different.

Infractions are not posted anywhere. they are between the moderator(s) and the poster, and are intended to be private, unless like here, the poster in question chosses to make them public for some reason.

By Politics I dont mean left/right bias but a level of unsophistication bordering on incompetance. Having not seen Ernists post I cant comment, I am only going on the coincidences and his original post in this thread. You may be right about your opaque point tallying system. Anyway I'm leaving it here.

As I said, If I am right there will be more of these type threads in the comming weeks and months so I'll leave it at that, time will tell.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Now we know where Kim Jung Un has spent the last 6 weeks. Giving official advice to NSC.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
moss-popcorn.gif

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
typical NSC w@nkfest started by the biggest "look at me" tool on here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here