Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Banksy amusement park..?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yup. I've seen all of those.
RE Keifer: it was in 2006, so don't spend too much time looking (I'm always open to invitations to Berlin :roll eyes:) but, given his German, there's probably an over-representation of his material there. Do look out for him.

Are you familiar with Martin Parr's work?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
There's a strong Massive Attack/Banksy link. Banksy cites Rob Del Naja as a huge influence when he was starting out. At least we can agree on Tricky and Ghostpoet. Tricky is one of my all-time musical heroes.

The amount we agree on will no doubt trouble us both. That said, beyond Maxinquaye, which is stunning, I'm not mad on Tricky. I've just seen which of his albums we've got: Pre-Millennium Tension, Blowback and Pumpkin. Haven't heard them in years (decades?), and have no recollection whatsoever.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I have two prints up in my flat, great art

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
This thread is achingly wonderful. What other soccerball message board would be found contrasting the respective merits of jokes in Moliere's Le Bourgeois Gentilhomme with those of Harry Worth? Or evaluating the work of a supposedly edgy postmodernist against that of a constrained newspaper cartoonist?

It's all very NSC, and all very Brighton. It's all totally Pseuds' Corner of course, and way beyond parody. But still we come back, again and again, for more.

So, does any other board do stuff like this? Not WACCOE, for sure, nor indeed Millwall's North Stand Banter. Possibly Fulham? Reading? Arsenal? Maybe it's just NSC then: number currently online 1487.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Local boy in the photo...

seagulls2.jpg

Attachments

• seagulls.jpg
    seagulls.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here