Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Unfortunately, I suspect that's a pretty solid assumption.

How far away is Rosenior from match fitness, do we know? I'm not talking about tomorrow's game, clearly: just in general terms.

He played c75 mins for the u-23s at the beginning of last week. I suspect he might get a run-out in the Cup game on Saturday.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Why would they overturn a clear handball I penalty area

I don't think anyone quibbles with the idea that a penalty was awarded -if you don't want the ball to hit your face, then get out of the way -you cannot use your hand to protect yourself. I am not sure of the exact wording of the relevant rule, but surely it was an instinctive reaction, and not designed to gain any unfair advantage, thus for me the card was excessive punishment. Plus the keeper was right behind him, so was it a clear-cut goal-scoring opportunity? I still think that the FA will back the ref, though . .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why would they overturn a clear handball I penalty area
We're not asking them to overturn a handball. It was handball. But handballs are not automatic red cards.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Obviously I hope Baldock is available because he has been fantastic this season, but let's give Hemed some credit here. He's third choice and yet hasn't let us down whenever he's been called upon (unless you're counting his non-consequential injury-time penalty miss at Preston). No whinging to the press either. Proper squad player.

[tweet]823501197625659394[/tweet]

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sounds like they're both out. Not sure why else we'd be giving Cardiff a heads up.

That's a pessimistic interpretation. The Argus article says Bruno will play (unless he has an adverse reaction to training), whereas Baldock is training and will be assessed later. I suspect the Baldock decision will be influenced by what happens with the Murray appeal.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Sounds like they're both out. Not sure why else we'd be giving Cardiff a heads up.

Eh? The post says:

Bruno & Sam Baldock to be assessed ahead of Cardiff. Both players will train today

If they were out it would say:

Bruno & Sam Baldock out of game against Cardiff. Both players will miss training today

Wouldn't it?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Eh? The post says:

Bruno & Sam Baldock to be assessed ahead of Cardiff. Both players will train today

If they were out it would say:

Bruno & Sam Baldock out of game against Cardiff. Both players will miss training today

Wouldn't it?
Not necessarily. Why would we want to tell Cardiff who will be playing?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Gut instinct is that Bruno will play and Baldock won't be risked. If that's the case I'd be more than happy with the following:

------------------------ Stockdale --------------------------
Bruno ---------- Duffy ------ Dunk --------- Pocognoli
Knockeart ------ Kayal ----- Stephens ----- Murphy
------------------ March ------- Hemed ------------------

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gut instinct is that Bruno will play and Baldock won't be risked. If that's the case I'd be more than happy with the following:

------------------------ Stockdale --------------------------
Bruno ---------- Duffy ------ Dunk --------- Pocognoli
Knockeart ------ Kayal ----- Stephens ----- Murphy
------------------ March ------- Hemed ------------------

I would switch Murphy and March from that team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here