Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock credited with goal today

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Any chance of putting together the results for the games where we played teams who were in the top 6 at the time (seemed like almost every game was against a top 6 side all season) Maybe the extra points we took of them meant they missed out on a top 6 finish and why our win rate against the final top 6 wasn't as good as it might have been

I made this point earlier. We beat Ipswich away when they were in the top 6. They ended up 7th at the end of the season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I made this point earlier. We beat Ipswich away when they were in the top 6. They ended up 7th at the end of the season.

Yes and we also beat another team when they were second, I think in the first two months that may have happened up to 3 may be 4 times.

But the final positions are all that matters, and as highlighted we drew 8/10 games against our major rivals. For me that is where we slipped up - that and being completely undone by ridiculous officiating.

That is also when we needed to be at our most clinical and take our chances (the original point).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes and we also beat another team when they were second, I think in the first two months that may have happened up to 3 may be 4 times.

But the final positions are all that matters, and as highlighted we drew 8/10 games against our major rivals. For me that is where we slipped up - that and being completely undone by ridiculous officiating.

That is also when we needed to be at our most clinical and take our chances (the original point).

I still think you are being incredibly harsh and hard to please. We were joint top scorers, got 89 points, which 9 times out of 10 will be promotion, and only lost 5 games.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I still think you are being incredibly harsh and hard to please. We were joint top scorers, got 89 points, which 9 times out of 10 will be promotion, and only lost 5 games.

You're allowed to, but I'm not.

We were indeed unfortunate and it was an amazing season, but in the cold light of day, I find it very frustrating that we didn't put other promotion rivals to the sword.

Interestingly, I think (I recall reading it somewhere), that Burnley and Boro had the best 'head to head' record vs the top 6...... I wouldn't swear to it though.

Anyway, this year we will win the home games and will make it.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here