Backing Macca

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I don't think anyone was desperate for him to stay. I seem to remember comments like "id drive him up there myself", "what the hell are the scouts seeing" and "id bite your hand off for that". Murray +2.5m for CMS must be one of our worst bit of business ever.

Boo, bog right off.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I have just read your profile and you declare your favorite players are Kurt Nogan and Peter Smith...........

Peter Bloody Smith.......

You sir have forfeited any right to say who is a good player or not........ :p

A favourite player for me should have NOTHING to do with ability. Smithy ROCKED...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is there any sense in football fans really when you consider the adulation CMS still gets, and the open abuse Barnes used to get? :shrug:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Is there any sense in football fans really when you consider the adulation CMS still gets, and the open abuse Barnes used to get? :shrug:

Yes - but I didn't criticise Barnes either. Barnes however, did have the look and speech of less than well educated kwik fit employee, whereas CMS looks like a jovial roadie for the Quo - perhaps that's where the mystery lies?!?

In short I'd sink a pint with Craig and avoid Ashley in a dimply lit car park. I think Ashley likes tracksuits.

If yer face fits...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes - but I didn't criticise Barnes either. Barnes however, did have the look and speech of less than well educated kwik fit employee, whereas CMS looks like a jovial roadie for the Quo - perhaps that's where the mystery lies?!?

In short I'd sink a pint with Craig and avoid Ashley in a dimply lit car park. I think Ashley likes tracksuits.

If yer face fits...

Style over substance?

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I am not sure I can think of another 'big name' signing that has been as fortunate to have received such unequivocal support over such a long time from the majority of fans and yet proved such a massive let down.
He has been handsomely paid, he's been given countless opportunities and you'd think its glaringly obvious to all that he is simply not good enough for this division.
He is not going to get any quicker or improve technically and he should be released. I don't even fear that he will ever come back to haunt us by scoring against us as so often happens with ex players.
Nice bloke though.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Sorry but there is just no room for sentiment in football. As has been said a million times CMS is a top bloke well liked by the fans who exhibits a great attitude and professionalism. However, he cannot score and unlike O'Grady can't even perform the basic of controlling the ball and holding it up. Mentally he must be shot and bereft of confidence and it is time for him to move on. He will come again somewhere else but he has been found out at this level. Admittedly, the injuries have not helped.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
8 more games for the albion, and then we can wish him luck, and wave him fondly goodbye.

The wages saved will help in the summer rebuild.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
My insider tells me that he was dropped off at the Battersea Dogs Home on the way back from Millwall last night.

Oct 6, 2010
Sorry but there is just no room for sentiment in football. As has been said a million times CMS is a top bloke well liked by the fans who exhibits a great attitude and professionalism. However, he cannot score and unlike O'Grady can't even perform the basic of controlling the ball and holding it up. Mentally he must be shot and bereft of confidence and it is time for him to move on. He will come again somewhere else but he has been found out at this level. Admittedly, the injuries have not helped.

There may not be room for sentiment in football, and I would agree that CMS is not upto it, and therefore should be sold. BUT, there is always room for sentiment to other humans in life. Especially one who's effort for the club we love is unquestionable. If he is picked to play he will get 100% backing from me while he is wearing the blue and white stripes. As this provides the best chance for him to turn things around. However unlikely.
You can tell them all that we stand or fall....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Needs to be moved on for HIS sake as much as anyone's. Don't want to see him getting more and more abuse which is what will happen if he stays.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Needs to be moved on for HIS sake as much as anyone's. Don't want to see him getting more and more abuse which is what will happen if he stays.
Exactly. And whatever his apologists might say, there is no valid argument to make a case for his move to the Albion being rated a success, either for him or the club. It hasn't worked out for the best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports