seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Craig Mackail-Smith is as useful as Kemy Agustein in an icebath

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Sad to say but the sooner he goes the better, The Club has tried to mould itself around him for 3 seasons and it hasn't worked under THREE managers so something is wrong, or not right, so offload and call it quits.
Are you serious?! I'd say as a club we've done our level best NOT to mould itself around him. He had a set of skills of which we failed to make the most.

Ultimately, as much as I want him to succeed here, he was a vanity signing under Poyet that (with the benefit of 20:20 hindsight) was never going to work due to our system and now he's forgotten how to do himself justice.

I think he made the wrong decision coming here, just as we made the wrong decision pursuing him. Sadly now his confidence is shot.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Not just CMS but all our strikers need encouragement ,in our fight to stay up. Who can remember the booing of Craig Davies at MK Dons.....Did that help him........!!?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
If you came off your high horse long enough to read what was written rather than just fit everything to your blind preconceptions, you'd see that I did wish him well after he leaves us in the summer.

You'd also see that I didn't say that any of our other strikers were world beaters. I realise that doesn't suit your agenda; your problem, not mine. Many of our players, not just the strikers, haven't had a good season - and I expect some of them will go in the summer, but certainly not all of them. I never said we should get shot of all of them - that was your (false) perception, presumably coloured by your particular agenda on this thread.

As you rightly say, you are no expert; I have never claimed to be one either. The one inescapable fact, though, and one that does not require an expert to see, is that taken as a whole, CMS's career at Brighton has not been a great success.

Agendas! you're a fine one to comment - what, pray tell, is your CMS agenda? From where I'm sitting (atop my high horse - yeah that's right!) your negative bias is writ large, as is my positivity. My agenda herein is simply to support one of the finest exponents of 'effort' I've seen in the stripes. It's the tale of yet another striker undone by a lack a faith on the pitch.

Actually what's the use? your agenda really has little to do with CMS, go on admit it, it's more about scoring points against someone you don't like - Simple really.

If I posted a thread praising you as a contributor, you'd probably find a way to critique my prose. It's like being cross examined by the NSC secret police.

Here's an idea - try getting behind CMS as opposed to extolling the virtues of negativity all over the internet. I know it's easier to be a smart arse 'negagtroid', but just try being smiley for a change.

God I hope he gets another year, and then proceeds to ram goals down throats until someone says - hey; we were wrong, I have my doubts it'll be you though.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Two words - Sam Vokes - oh how 'the experts' told us he was crap - oh he'd never score goals at this level - yeah you got that call right.

Who tags threads btw?!? This has been tagged 'look at me' errrmmmmmmmmm no look at CMS and get behind him. One of the 'mods' I assume, I'm sure you get a kick (oh how witty, oh how hilarity must prevail) out of tagging all my threads. I've got some tags for you:

Sad, pathetic, impudent & tosser.

Yeah, hilarious.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Can I just say, it's nice to see people getting behind CMS on this thread too. I realise he's no Barnes pantomime devil in most peoples eyes. In terms of comparison I'd say he's having a 'Falcao' season - Back from injury, under pressure, declared crap, it's not happening for him, over priced - and you know what: CMS tries an awful lot harder too!

Keep him Chris, or he'll rock up at a Wed or a Brentford and bang in 20+ goals in for a team who plays to his style - with three or four most likely against us.

Calde and CMS are the two players I'd keep above all else.

Albion

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Since he has scored one goal for every five games or so, I'd say that he was not a decent striker. And we also paid a load of cash for him too, and pretty much wasted our money.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Since he has scored one goal for every five games or so, I'd say that he was not a decent striker. And we also paid a load of cash for him too, and pretty much wasted our money.

You know what Don my old mucker, I don't agree. However I will say this - 1 goal in 5 is probably better than Falcao - so what's happened there!?! Also what happened to Benteke this season?!? - poor team, lack of confidence etc. = no goals. Are CMS et al really the problem?!? Or is it (and I'll say it again) the service or tactics?!?

You tell me...

Most people reckon Baldock aint championship standard, O'Grady too, Vokes, Barnes, CMS the list is endless - yet these people score goals elsewhere hmmmmmm as for Ulloa, well he was the exception to the rule - and some absolute arse heads criticised him too. Oh yes they did...

Hmmmmmm

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Listen chaps CMS rocks and nothing, nothing is going to change my mind.

Keep on rocking in the free world Craig!

CMS
CMS
CMS

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLL (draws breath) LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLL GOAL GOAL GOAL GOAL GOAL GOAL GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
ALBIONIO

KOSH
KOSH
KOSH

KOSH

KOSH

KOSH

THEEEEEE SELF PROCLAIMED LEGEND OF YOREEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
All my trying is in vain, some people think that I am mad, because i threw away all that i had....

#rock and roll you mother's.

The 'special' K

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Attachments

• keep-calm-and-love-cms.png
    keep-calm-and-love-cms.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 144

Dec 29, 2011
But what is the likelihood of him being gone in the summer anyway ?
We were all desperate for him to stay when "that ******* Hughton" tried to sign him for Norwich so he obviously rated him at that time
Now that "nice Chris Hughton" is in charge at the Amex (and we assume that he still thinks CMS will do a job) is he not likely to try and keep him ?
I don't think anyone was desperate for him to stay. I seem to remember comments like "id drive him up there myself", "what the hell are the scouts seeing" and "id bite your hand off for that". Murray +2.5m for CMS must be one of our worst bit of business ever.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Design it?!? It was delivered by a blonde wizard, he looked strangely familiar, yet flanked as he was by dancing pixies I was distracted and took the poster without seeing the glint in his fair eyes... oh yeah. Magic is at work here...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He needs support not derision, alas after the 'pass' tonight I reckon he's going to be at a low ebb, so perhaps it's down to the faithful to rekindle hope & belief?!? the rest will surely follow.

I urge you to back him, obviously he's not a world beater but we all know he can score at this level - he's a likeable chap too, gives plenty - perhaps it's time to send some of that good faith back to him.

Craig I love you man, and your hair says it all - you rock bro :rock.

I have just read your profile and you declare your favorite players are Kurt Nogan and Peter Smith...........

Peter Bloody Smith.......

You sir have forfeited any right to say who is a good player or not........ :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports