Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Back-up Keeper

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think we have a new NSC scapegoat. Shame Sanchez is out for a game but I’ll take that over the loss we would have suffered if he hadn’t tripped that shit Wilson

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Does anyone have any faith in Steele ? After his horror show in the league cup

Simple really. If Potter thinks he's still ahead of young Scherpen as our no.2 GK (and that might not be the case; Potter has clearly stated that Steele is here for his ability as the keeper to come off the bench) then just tell him not to bother about fannying around at the back - sorry, passing it out of defence - leave that to the other defenders - "Iif the ball comes to you Jason lad, just belt the f***ing thing".

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm surprised to hear Scherpen isn't great with his feet. We got him from Ajax didn't we? I assumed that all Ajax players are schooled to be good with their feet.

As for who will replace Sanchez for his seven game ban I'd possibly err towards Steele. He's definitely capable of dropping a clanger at any moment but he is also capable of pulling off a worldy of a save. Plus, having played numerous times in the cup he will have at least some form of understanding with the defence which will be important while he fills in during Sanchez's nine game ban.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Lots of whooshing and counter whooshing.

Can we agree a two match ban and leave Dunk in goal?

Surely Steele will play, and Dunk will take his place on the bench as backup keeper?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe use this as an excuse to not fanny about at the back for half the time we have the ball if Sanchez isn’t available

Steady on! You can't call it 'fannying around at the back' doncha know. You have to call it 'retaining possession' apparently :moo:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Steady on! You can't call it 'fannying around at the back' doncha know. You have to call it 'retaining possession' apparently :moo:

You are, of course, correct. Please consider my wrist slapped.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sends shivers down the spine thinking about Steele passing it around the back next game.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Excited, or...? ???

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Think it's 2.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Professional foul (stopping goal scoring opportunity) in a 1 match ban, two yellows is 1 match ban, it’s 2 for dissent and 3 for dangerous play (can be extended), more for racism, spitting, refusing to leave field etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here