Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Back in Garth's good books

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
When was the last time he chose one of our players who didn't score?
He doesn’t watch games, 95% of his picks in midfield>attack are just the players who scored.

Wonder how much tax payers money he gets to write this nonsense once a week? Gotta be a good wage surely? Surely the least he could do is actually watch games?

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Indeed, although we only know that because Mitoma makes the team this week!

Ah but that's only because he wanted to put him in last week, when he was outstanding, but didn't. Obviously didn't see RDZ's post match interview where he said he didn't play very well but you have to leave him on as he is always likely to score.

I just need to stop looking. Doung nothing for my BP. Step away from the team of the week.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
There's no way Girth Crook saw any of the game. This was one of Mitoma's quietest games because of the Muff low block giving him no space compared to TAAs invite into space last week.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
He really is stealing a living, if its an actual Team Of The Week then much as I think Mitoma is brilliant, he really didnt have the best game, he was very quiet comparitivly and aside from the excellent header, I struggle to think of any section of play that was better than many other performances over the weekend.

Garth always likes to have a little dig even when he is including our plasyers, this week it was " I'm surprised they are not suffering from vertigo" which I take as meaning we dont belong where we are

His comment that was determined to include him after last weeks performance is non sensical-its a team of THIS week, not last. Last week Mirtoma was outstanding and should (IMO) have been in the TOW, this week, not so much

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Whenever there's something I don't like on the BBC, I always try and justify it by thinking about the HUGE number of things that I'm more than happy to pay my licence fee for. This berk REALLY tests my resolve though. Surely it's about time he was replaced by AI or something and the Beeb can save a bit of cash?

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I’m starting to think Garth has gone onto chatGPT and has asked the AI to write his TOTW articles for him, that Mitoma segment I swear was just a collection of snippets making the rounds on twitter repackaged into one place.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Garth is a bit of a knob. He was a wonderful footballer though.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Leo in but the reasoning is plain weird. An average child would do a better job.
That has got to be the worst reasoning ever for TotW, and there is some competition. Essentially he seems to have put him in so that he can say that he shouldn’t be picked in that position.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
30 words on Ali Mac. 109 on West Ham.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64854433

Alexis Mac Allister (Brighton)​

His penalty strike was emphatic and his performance continually upset West Ham all afternoon. The Argentine international has been in sparkling form since his return from a successful World Cup. However, West Ham look in bad shape based on this display.

This was their heaviest defeat of the season and they weren't much better in the FA Cup tie against Manchester United in midweek either. If the Hammers had beaten United it would have given them access to a quarter-final tie at home against Fulham and their fans the prospect of a possible semi-final and something to look forward to.

This latest defeat only serves to make life even more excruciating for David Moyes while hearing their fans chanting "you're getting sacked in the morning" puts the writing clearly on the wall. At least he knows where he stands.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

His penalty strike was emphatic and his performance continually upset West Ham all afternoon. The Argentine international has been in sparkling form since his return from a successful World Cup. However, West Ham look in bad shape based on this display.

This was their heaviest defeat of the season and they weren't much better in the FA Cup tie against Manchester United in midweek either. If the Hammers had beaten United it would have given them access to a quarter-final tie at home against Fulham and their fans the prospect of a possible semi-final and something to look forward to.

This latest defeat only serves to make life even more excruciating for David Moyes while hearing their fans chanting "you're getting sacked in the morning" puts the writing clearly on the wall. At least he knows where he stands.
It really is a wind up when we win and most of the focus is on the bad performance of the opposition. Its not even down to lazy journalism, because there's so much you could easily analyse about our good performance. Its just pandering to the 'bigger club' and running your mouth about them.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It really is a wind up when we win and most of the focus is on the bad performance of the opposition. Its not even down to lazy journalism, because there's so much you could easily analyse about our good performance. Its just pandering to the 'bigger club' and running your mouth about them.
I’d also add that I doubt he watched the match…probably about three minutes of highlights if that

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Thank you for saving me the trouble of opening the fat w*nker's web page.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I can guarantee he didn't watch the match. Ali Mac wasn't even the best midfielder in our squad, let alone across the PL this weekend.
Confirmation of your theory, further on in his article:

“United were undressed by Liverpool and there are only two things stopping Liverpool from becoming a major European force again: their names are Jude Bellingham and Declan Rice.”

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
You can almost make the entire XI out of Albion players this week.

3ED16624-7B08-4BD8-B887-7172B8CF1579.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here