[Albion] Back in Garth's good books

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Looking forward to seeing Solly appear in Garth's latest team, followed by 3 paragraphs about how Liverpool are struggling.
Why does he do that for some selections and not others? Funny bloke.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
OOH! Liverpool have been walloped by someone..... who? Oh, Brighton - are they in the top ten.......... ooh! yes they are........ and somebody playing for them scored twice, eh? Hmmm..... better put him in.

The great man's intellectual prowess and thought processes continue to amaze and dazzle me. The BBC should immediately triple his salary.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
FD4F6037-5C65-4C60-A9AD-260779E6B5B2.jpeg

Last edited:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Even on talksport it’s the same.

One of the presenters was asked directly what exactly Brighton did well, so he said something about tempo and moved straight back to Klopp and Liverpool within about 2 sentences. Mind-numbing.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Looking forward to seeing Solly appear in Garth's latest team, followed by 3 paragraphs about how Liverpool are struggling.
36 words about Solly.

69 words about Liverpool.

Not that the 36 words had anything to do with his 2 goals and assist on the day, but rather a previous performance and form this season.

Quite how Crooks continues to steal a living by impersonating a football pundit is beyond me.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
36 words about Solly.

Not that the 36 words had anything to do with his 2 goals and assist on the day, but rather a previous performance and form this season.

Quite how Crooks continues to steal a living by impersonating a football pundit is beyond me.
Yes, that was one thing I hadn't foreseen. Talking about a completely different match and making absolutely no reference to why he's in this week's team.

Absolute clown.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is pretty much the only thing the BBC let him do nowadays isn't it ? I don't recall seeing him let loose on our screens of late. And that is WHOLLY understandable. His punditry and (oh god) the interviews were absolutely excruciating.

Who could forget the abject GOONERY of his touchline post-match interview with SGE at the World Cup, just after England had drawn their final group game 0-0 with Nigeria. The world and its muppet already knew full well before the game that England just needed a point to qualify from the group. But up bounds Garth, shoves a mic under Svens nose, and says "Well Sven, I can reveal that England have indeed now qualified for the last 16...", as though he's got himself a world exclusive.

There isn't a facepalm big enough for this bloke. Absolutely steals a living, it still annoys me that I'm actually paying for this utter buffoon.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
36 words about Solly.

Sounds exactly the level I'd expect from a professional football pundit.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
No Brighton players this week. We didn't win, so obviously none of our players were any good.

This Jarrod Bowen write-up is TEXTBOOK though:

If you've only scored one goal in your past five away Premier League games and you find yourself 2-0 down after just 40 minutes it's fair to assume you've got a problem. Everton have some serious problems both on and off the pitch and Jarrod Bowen's goalscoring instincts for West Ham have just jettisoned Frank Lampard from his job and catapulted the Toffees into more turmoil.

If Everton are to survive this season, their fans will have a massive part to play. They can start by getting rid of banners insisting on the removal of their board executives, making Goodison Park a special place for their team to play again, and a stadium visiting teams fear. That's what special fans do.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
‘Mitoma was desperately unlucky not to make my team of the week after his performance at the Amex Stadium against Liverpool. However, I was determined to find a place for him after his performance against a Bournemouth side that might have got something out of the game had it not been for his brilliance. The Japan international is the most exciting player I have seen in a Brighton shirt since a young Peter Ward burst onto the scene in the 1970s - he also had the knack of scoring wonderfully-crafted goals. Brighton are playing some fabulous football at the moment and currently sit sixth in the table. I'm surprised they are not suffering from vertigo

:tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports