Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Baby murder nurse case

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The attempted cover up by the bosses is staggering. Needs more than an investigation, it needs criminal charges surely

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The attempted cover up by the bosses is staggering. Needs more than an investigation, it needs criminal charges surely

The consultants have come out of this well, albeit in horrible circumstances. Their instincts told them that the numbers weren't right, Letby's reactions were upbeat and odd.

They were then told by management to shut it or there'll be repercussions.

Lives were lost due to that astonishing incompetence and arrogance.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
She'll end up in a secure unit with Beverley Allit.

Never in a million years will I understand how a nurse can do something like this.

To be honest, I can never understand how anyone could harm defenseless babies and children, regardless of their profession.

(I know that you are highlighting the caring aspect that drives the vast majority of people in the NHS/Care sector).

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It feels strange saying this about a female.

Letby's pure evil.
Her crimes, not her chromosomes, will rightly determine her sentence.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Vulnerable persons wing for life.
Someone will get their chance…might take a while but it’ll happen. Hopefully…….

Not on the same scale, but my daughter has been struggling working with a highly incompetent nurse on certain shifts and has had to formally report numerous incidents and mistakes, in more than one case potentially life-threatening for the patient. Getting anything actually done is proving very difficult despite suspensions, additional training etc in part due to the (usual in my experience) cautious approach from HR/senior management around employment rights/termination etc (there are ‘other’ factors potentially impacting their decision).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The consultants have come out of this well, albeit in horrible circumstances. Their instincts told them that the numbers weren't right, Letby's reactions were upbeat and odd.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
This animal is one sick sick person for people like this thing they need to bring back the death penalty i for one hope shes “got at “ in prison

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Out the back, one bullet.

Makes you wonder how many could have been saved.

fgh.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Someone will get their chance…might take a while but it’ll happen. Hopefully…….

Not on the same scale, but my daughter has been struggling working with a highly incompetent nurse on certain shifts and has had to formally report numerous incidents and mistakes, in more than one case potentially life-threatening for the patient. Getting anything actually done is proving very difficult despite suspensions, additional training etc in part due to the (usual in my experience) cautious approach from HR/senior management around employment rights/termination etc (there are ‘other’ factors potentially impacting their decision).

A similar story from Mrs.W, both NHS and private nursing homes. She has no qualms about issuing safeguarding notices, challenging; incompetence, bullying of the vulnerable, theft of meds!

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

I've made comment on the other thread about this evil woman. But I'm also uncomfortable with an interview like this so soon after the verdict. Surely these comments should be for the formal investigation into what went wrong, how she was allowed to continue - can't help but feel that people working there are jumping as quickly as they can to blame others by being vocal to the press. Anybody working there, if they were unhappy with their bosses reaction to their concerns, could have gone to the Police directly and reported their suspicions if they were so concerned about it. **edit - i was so annoyed by the video I wrote this before the 4min mark when that question is directly asked of him. Still, if you have concerns that someone is killing babies you shouldn't be easily silenced.

Last edited:

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
My view is following the independent investigation if they actually decided to ignore the doctors and sided with this woman without carrying out their own investigation they should be prosecuted for accessory to murder. Fed up with these senior NHS executive getting let of the hook. Need to be held responsible. CEO Stafford Hospital moved on to another well paid NHS job. CEO Tunbridge Wells hospital sacked for incompetence got £1 m payoff after taking it to appeal. Mistakes happen in any job but these cover-ups disgust me.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Seems there is not only a woman touched by pure evil, gross miscompetence but also shocking attempts to cover up and deny what was going on in order to save reputation and careers. What an abysmal mess of a situation. It seems certain that her murderous behaviour could have been stopped much earlier, and that is perhaps unforgivable.
This is potentially as bad as the murders. How the hell could you possibly cover it up, go home and sleep at night? There is so much wrong here. this kind of stuff is just ludicrous. If people are found guilty of doing so, they should also be serving For life. Modern slavery needs to be a thing For people like this.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
As desperately sad as we all feel for the parents involved, could you imagine being on the jury having to hear all the harrowing evidence for weeks on end.

I'm sometimes glad my only jury service to date was something less severe. Feel for all concerned here.
From what little I've read, the jurors will need counselling . . . .at the very least.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

appear to have misspelt negligence. i cant see how it's anything else to repeatedly hide and deflect from obvious deficiencies in a department. management should have wanted to investigate and understand why the anomolies were happening. automatic process should have kicked in, the fact it didnt or doesnt appear to exist means cultural problems, no one can be at fault, blame no one, nothing happend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here