Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

away fans

that was my line after the game. The equivalent of the infamous quote: "i may be drunk, but in the morning i will be sober but you will still be ugly.."

both sets of fans made good noise - did those watching on tv think so?

Still looking forward to a good day out sunday, win or lose.

Pg

good vocal support at the start as usual but when the albion really needed a lift it was sadly lacking,unlike our friends up the......... Whoops not allowed to compare sorry:ffsparr:

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
Every club has idiots.

As for the goading. Some that do it are idiots but most are just on a wind up. I'd expect the same off you on Sunday if you beat us. Nothing in it. I myself will be 'giving it the big 'un' on Sunday. No malice though. It's what it's about for the boys and girls that go for the vocal stuff.

Most of us have never been arrogant about any tie. We're to well rehearsed in being either shite or bog standard nobodies for that. Just a great feeling in Derby. We've been on the rise since Steve McClaren came in and we're riding the crest of a wave. We know what it's like to be fed up. Wish we could forget our lovely 11pts Premiership campaign. God, I wish I could forget!
Too many mouthy chavs for my liking , queers with aids and pedophiles are we ....Bring on Sunday..

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Great support. Anyone can be noisy when they're winning, but Derby's fans only went quiet for about two minutes after we went in front, but were impressively quick to find their collective voices again.

Hopefully ours will be similarly supportive up there.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Every club has idiots.

As for the goading. Some that do it are idiots but most are just on a wind up. I'd expect the same off you on Sunday if you beat us. Nothing in it. I myself will be 'giving it the big 'un' on Sunday. No malice though. It's what it's about for the boys and girls that go for the vocal stuff.

Most of us have never been arrogant about any tie. We're to well rehearsed in being either shite or bog standard nobodies for that. Just a great feeling in Derby. We've been on the rise since Steve McClaren came in and we're riding the crest of a wave. We know what it's like to be fed up. Wish we could forget our lovely 11pts Premiership campaign. God, I wish I could forget!

I thought the Derby team and fans were good - and yes all clubs have their triffids.
If there were stupid homophobic chants then that is disappointing; one day such behaviour will be seen in the same light as racism, so those idiots need to get themselves into the twenty first century.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Best away support at the Amex this season IMO. They did have the advantage of extra allocation though.

They had the advantage of being 2-1 up in a play-off semi. I think most fans would be just as noisy in that situation. Leeds are the loudest I've heard this season, with less to shout about.

FriendlyRam

May 4, 2014
Have to say, I'd forgive any clubs fans for being slightly boisterous after winning a PO semi final first leg.

In fact I just expect a bit of goading when we lose. Especially in a big game. It's bravado. Brighton must be unique if you don't do it.

If you hate us then I'm not sure what you think of Birmingham!! Can't excuse any homophobic abuse though.

But yes, folks went to Brighton, had a drink, got rowdy and came home. Feel free to enjoy yourselves on Sunday. I hope there is tension and a hot atmosphere. When the dust has settled I doubt many Rams fans will hold a grudge. It's when Birmingham etc have to turn the bravado into Danny Dyers Football Factory that it goes too far.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
For what it's worth I thought they were as loud as we've had at the stadium this season. And you'd probably expect as much.

Good on them. I didn't see any argy bargy or homophobic stuff

Crewton Ram

Jan 10, 2013
It's disappointing if there was any homophobic chanting or 'banter', or any unnecessarily aggressive behaviour. I was in the middle section of our end last night and the atmosphere was as upbeat and positive as I can remember - I didn't notice any nobhead-type behaviour (and usually I notice it all to easily and get narked with such idiots) but then you can't keep tabs on 2,800-odd individuals. Many will have been boisterous after a day's drinking and that sadly sometimes leads to bad behaviour. Your fans on Sunday have the opportunity for several hours drinking before the game too, in some of the country's finest real ale establishments - if none of them misbehave in the event that you win the tie, I'll be mightily impressed.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Didn't hear any homophobic stuff last night, but got the usual unoriginal stuff from the fans adjacent to the away end at Derby both this year and last year, so it doesn't surprise me.

IlsonDerby

May 5, 2014
Would like to apologise for the (I'm guessing here) 18 year old, stone island wearing, wannabe hooligans. Every club has them so no excuses but regardless of some of the petty comments on here, regarding Derby as a place to live etc... I still would like the winner of this semi to go up ahead of money bags and poorly supported clubs in the other semi. Hopefully that's us but if it is you I won't hold a grudge.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I've been really surprised at the Derby supporters. Was expecting the normal moronic behaviour and goading behind the safety of a keyboard but the vast majority seem like decent and balanced supporters. Decent enough turn out and noise last night too. Derby are a fine team despite being extraordinary lucky to have not lost; can't quite describe how lucky they were to have won. I was still pretty impressed by the pace and decisiveness of their attack though.

They deserve to go up after the season they had and if we don't manage it on Sunday, which we could still do, I'll be hoping they do it at Wembley. They seem like a proper football club to me and there aren't too many of those left.

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London
As for our lot - PLEASE, PLEASE can we stop this "stand up if you hate palace" rubbish!! Who cares about palace in an important game like that - support the team!!
Also it makes no sense when we aren't playing them and they aren't even in the same division as us any more! :facepalm: :rant:

Ramalanadingdong

May 6, 2014
After the game the Derby fans we the absolute worst I've seen this season at the Amex. Every club has a few scumbags (except Millwall - they have just a few non-scumbags) but the number of derby fans throwing homophobic abuse and general hatred at us was extreme.

Always considered them as just another normal small town club - Reasonable sized, passionate following, true football fans you could have a drink with before/after a match.
Last night's display made me reassess that. Now in the same bracket for me as Millwall & Palace. Bunch of Neanderthal low life's out for a fight.

Had said I would support them in the final I they got through, but f*ck em, if they beat us on Sunday I'd rather support Wigan or TaxDodge Harry's lot than those scumbags.

Derby County are not called 'county' for nothing.Derby as a city maybe small (250 000 ) but our support comes from all over Derbyshire and the EM border towns and is pretty sizable.So I would'nt say we are a 'small town club'.

As for the homophobic abuse ect.. well it's just embarrassing and inexcusable.I agree with another poster on here likening it to racism because it is exactly the same and has no place in football stadia or society.

The tie is far from over,especially considering away goals don't count,so loads of play left and it's still wide open.And I will want Brighton if we don't make it because IMO it would enhance the Prem more than either Wigan or QPR. :cheers:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Those I met before the game were mostly decent chaps, but I overheard one or two homophobic sentiments. During the game they made a lot of noise, noisiest at the Amex this season, but I would have expected that from anyone in a play off with extra tickets.
After, heard a lot of homophobic stuff.
Apart from Millwall, possibly the most homophobic stuff I have heard in the last couple of seasons, but would still prefer Derby to make it up if we don't, over Wigan or QPR.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Derby County are not called 'county' for nothing.Derby as a city maybe small (250 000 ) but our support comes from all over Derbyshire and the EM border towns and is pretty sizable.So I would'nt say we are a 'small town club'.

As for the homophobic abuse ect.. well it's just embarrassing and inexcusable.I agree with another poster on here likening it to racism because it is exactly the same and has no place in football stadia or society.

The tie is far from over,especially considering away goals don't count,so loads of play left and it's still wide open.And I will want Brighton if we don't make it because IMO it would enhance the Prem more than either Wigan or QPR. :cheers:

Apologies, please don't take "small town club" the wrong way... I would describe us the same way. Brighton isn't a huge city and we draw support from the whole of Sussex in the same way you have Derbyshire behind you. It was merely a reference to the difference between a club with local passionate support and a mega-brand of armchair supporters who couldn't find their stadium on a map if they tried.

I do stand by the rest of the post though. Millwall last season was the only game where I have seen as much hatred for fellow football fans, being openly displayed, that I have seen outside the Amex since we moved in.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Standing in the train queue after the game, I probably heard more homophobic comments than I have from any other side this season. It was not necessarily as vitriolic or extreme as Millwall were, but it was fairly widespread among one pretty big group of Derby fans.

I challenged one bloke as to why he thought it was acceptable to make homophobic comments, especially when no one was goading him or insulting him, and he told me (to paraphrase) that 'given how sensitive I was getting, I must have been the biggest f*****t of all'. Classy, classy bunch. If we lose to them, I hope they get royally stuffed by QPR or Wigan.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I challenged one bloke as to why he thought it was acceptable to make homophobic comments, especially when no one was goading him or insulting him, and he told me (to paraphrase) that 'given how sensitive I was getting, I must have been the biggest f*****t of all'. Classy, classy bunch. If we lose to them, I hope they get royally stuffed by QPR or Wigan.

shouldnt laugh but thats a decent come back

What did you then say ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here