Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away fans giving it large today in 1901 section

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Hospitality is fair game. Supposedly, corporate guests are above tribal rivalry.

If you want to be among Brighton (and the odd Man U fan getting absolutely ripped to shreds) put the prawn sarnie down and come into a proper home section. :shrug:
I am not sat in 1901 nor do I have prawn sandwiches

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
By the way I am not in 1901

So just to clarify, you weren't in the area of the ground that West Ham fans were, in your words, "giving it large", there was no trouble and you are yet to define what you mean by "giving it large" ? Yeah, OK princess :facepalm: I note you avoid almost every question put to you as well .... you're Palace aren't you ?

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
So just to clarify, you weren't in the area of the ground that West Ham fans were, in your words, "giving it large", there was no trouble and you are yet to define what you mean by "giving it large" ? Yeah, OK princess :facepalm: I note you avoid almost every question put to you as well .... you're Palace aren't you ?
Brighton through & through me .

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Well that's football crowds for you, it's not the ballet.

Quite surprised that we've got such parochial fans in the East Stand, I hope JK and his entourage weren't too shaken up by the experience.

Piglets pies and Moretti at full time brought a smile back to the old fellas face 😂

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I've lost count of the times I've been in the home end as I'm not a season ticket holder it's the only way I can get to see some of the more popular away venues,I've only ever encountered any trouble because I was in the home end once since we were in the EPL and that was at West Ham,and the only reason that kicked off was there were more Brighton in one section than there were West Ham fans,Izquierdo scored and that was it handbags and windmills,I'd imagine every club has fans that home end it at away matches so no stones lobbed in glass houses from me and a fair few other Brighton fans who've signed up to every other clubs official website,for one reason alone to get a ticket.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
I've lost count of the times I've been in the home end as I'm not a season ticket holder it's the only way I can get to see some of the more popular away venues,I've only ever encountered any trouble because I was in the home end once since we were in the EPL and that was at West Ham,and the only reason that kicked off was there were more Brighton in one section than there were West Ham fans,Izquierdo scored and that was it handbags and windmills,I'd imagine every club has fans that home end it at away matches so no stones lobbed in glass houses from me and a fair few other Brighton fans who've signed up to every other clubs official website,for one reason alone to get a ticket.
Commonsense is key

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I am not sat in 1901 nor do I have prawn sandwiches

But you described something going on in 1901 in clear detail and said you spoke to the protagonists. Did you use a megaphone?

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Come on then - what EXACTLY does "giving it large" mean ? What did they do that offended you so much ?
Personally they didn't offend me .I've been in home ends a few times watching the Albion & I have never given it large & includes Hereford away 1997.giving it large can mean different things to different people to me on Sunday they were giving it large .they went back into 1901 to have more prawn sandwiches when we went 21 up

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don’t understand why people get annoyed ? Unless they are overly celebrating or it’s continual who cares. The lads sat in the always empty seats next to me were obviously West Ham fans, didn’t notice them really celebrate their goal but when Welbeck scored they left pronto…

The lack of control some individuals people have at football is sad - you can guarantee 99% of those that over react to away fans in a home end wouldn’t behave like that in any other scenario.

Wait until you sit in the ‘mixed’ areas of a stadium at a World Cup against the home national , or in Moscow against Croatia surrounded by Croatian supporting Russians :shrug:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Personally they didn't offend me .I've been in home ends a few times watching the Albion & I have never given it large & includes Hereford away 1997.giving it large can mean different things to different people to me on Sunday they were giving it large .they went back into 1901 to have more prawn sandwiches when we went 21 up

So yet again I'll ask but I'll add some extra words - IN YOUR OPINION how were they giving it large ?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
That subject is now closed

So you start a thread about opposite fans "giving it large" and complaining about it and suggesting it shouldn't be permitted yet won't explain what you mean ? :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here