Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away fans giving it large today in 1901 section

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Sorry I was waylaid elsewhere yesterday, on Sunday remembering a West Ham supporting former work colleague who died in January aged 60, I took his two sons, two former work colleagues and a family member, all West Ham fans in The Goldstone Restaurant 1901 East

Excellent day out, club put on a great spread, excellent interaction with Mullers, Bobby Z, Bob Booker and Dick Knight in the lounge.

To the game, when Antonio scored, against the run of play, my party celebrated, not overly, but celebrated a goal.

From then on, they were subjected to various abuse, and not just after the three Albion gaols, which I naturally celebrated, by a number of middle aged men in replica shirts and in fact a woman there with her son, aged about 12, who gave my party the finger after each goal.

The sting in the tail is that one of the West Ham fans with me called a w*****, c*** and told to f*** off was my brother in law, Upton Park born and bred John Keeley, 138 games for the Albion, 1989 player of the year, and Goalkeeping coach at the Withdean from 2000-07.

JCLs' don't you just love them...…..

That is a very sad story and I am sorry to hear your problems from some of our fans. If the group with you were respectful, they did not deserve that. Especially sorry about John Keeley, I enjoyed watching him, he was a fine player and servant to the Albion.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Agree back to my original post away fans in home area's need to show respect at all times to where they are .when you get a group standing up giving it large sorry to say it shouldn't happen but generally they deserve the grief they will encounter.the rules generally state away fans are not permitted in home ends.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

If you're that sensitive then go and sit in the North stand rather than 1901 which is always going to have away fans. Short of them threatening to lump you, or anyone else, I really don't see what your problem is. Maybe football isn't the sport you should be going to ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry they had to go through that, I would have thought 1901 seats to be a little more accepting tbh

The 1901 in the East is a bit different though. The 'proper' 1901 in the West is all quite separate from the other seating areas, and clearly demarcated as 'corporate'. The East lounges were added later with no separate seating areas - they just moved STH out of the central blocks and plonked the 1901s there, alongside everyone else. I can imagine obvious away fans being far less well tolerated there.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Sorry they had to go through that, I would have thought 1901 seats to be a little more accepting tbh

We were Row Z Block E1G so the people to our left may not necessarily have been 1901 ( Just thinking about it they wouldn’t because of the replica shirts) The club told me the take up in corporate was one of the most popular for the season.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The 1901 in the East is a bit different though. The 'proper' 1901 in the West is all quite separate from the other seating areas, and clearly demarcated as 'corporate'. The East lounges were added later with no separate seating areas - they just moved STH out of the central blocks and plonked the 1901s there, alongside everyone else. I can imagine obvious away fans being far less well tolerated there.

Playing Devils advocate, shouldn’t middle aged men in Albion replica shirts know who John Keeley is?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That is a very sad story and I am sorry to hear your problems from some of our fans. If the group with you were respectful, they did not deserve that. Especially sorry about John Keeley, I enjoyed watching him, he was a fine player and servant to the Albion.

Indeed. Glad you and your guests had a good day [MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION] - apart from the abusive nonsense. Top man Keelo, and one of my favourite Albion players of his era. Used to know him a bit from Corals squash club, where I worked as a teenager. Once I left to go to Uni up North, he'd always sort me and my mate out with comps for the Northern away games. :clap2:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
A loud rendition of “forever blowing bubbles” by a table of them in the Mayo lounge an hour after the game was our cue to leave :shrug:

They got slung out shortly after that. One of the younger (of their group) got quite irate. Dunno if he got nicked or not but it was quite amusing seeing him getting led away by the old bill. He didn't find as funny we did.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry I was waylaid elsewhere yesterday, on Sunday remembering a West Ham supporting former work colleague who died in January aged 60, I took his two sons, two former work colleagues and a family member, all West Ham fans in The Goldstone Restaurant 1901 East

Excellent day out, club put on a great spread, excellent interaction with Mullers, Bobby Z, Bob Booker and Dick Knight in the lounge.

To the game, when Antonio scored, against the run of play, my party celebrated, not overly, but celebrated a goal.

From then on, they were subjected to various abuse, and not just after the three Albion goals, which I naturally celebrated, by a number of middle aged men in replica shirts and in fact a woman there with her son, aged about 12, who gave my party the finger after each goal.

The sting in the tail is that one of the West Ham fans with me called a w*****, c*** and told to f*** off was my brother in law, Upton Park born and bred John Keeley, 138 games for the Albion, 1989 player of the year, and Goalkeeping coach at the Withdean from 2000-07.

It's a funny old world.

Having sat in the wrong end on numerous occasions I always keep schtum when we score. A particular necessity at the New Den. :eek:

The only time I transgressed was at Reading when we (thought we) had scored an injury time winner (Gary Hart I think it was) only for it to be ruled out. A whole load of people suddenly erupted at the goal, and all were quickly subjected to extreme mockery by the locals. I had no idea I was surrounded by dozens of Albion till that moment, which made it all a bit peculiar. We all quickly left :facepalm:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
They got slung out shortly after that. One of the younger (of their group) got quite irate. Dunno if he got nicked or not but it was quite amusing seeing him getting led away by the old bill. He didn't find as funny we did.

we stayed upstairs in the SSS/Harveys bar but I did notice a few WHU about, at least the way they were talking gave me the impression they were. No trouble though.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Interesting when I queried ticket sharing scheme I was told by club one of main reasons it came in was because they did not want away supporters getting tickets. Can I assume if you are willing to pay for hospitality this does not apply.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Interesting when I queried ticket sharing scheme I was told by club one of main reasons it came in was because they did not want away supporters getting tickets. Can I assume if you are willing to pay for hospitality this does not apply.

Correct. As is the case at pretty much all grounds.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Of course it doesn’t £235 of anyones money will suffice 😂

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

We should have stayed, it would have rounded the day off well!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Edit - Ignore, my response could be the death of it when the Albion employed "watchers" see what I posted originally :smile:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Standing in the NS queue on Sunday I was shocked to see West Ham fans going into the store, in their West Ham shirts, and coming out with the cheapest BHAFC t-shirts and putting them on over their WH shirts. Presumably they had tickets for an area where they shouldn't have had tickets.

There could have been no doubt that the store staff would have known what was going on. I saw one guy come out with three t-shirts and then run off up the steps after his mates. Then another guy came out with two, handed one to his mate, and they both put them on over their WH tops.

Profit before safety & security apparently.

Only a matter of time before selling BHAFC tops to opposing fans so they can access parts of the ground where they are not supposed to be goes badly wrong.

Seems a bit of an odd thing to do. I’m not sure why they didn’t leave their West Ham colours at home and just wear plain clothing.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Of course it doesn’t £235 of anyones money will suffice [emoji23]
It's about behaviour and on Sunday a lot of west ham fans crossed the line in 1901 lounges & in there seats.very soon at a match it will get very ugly (hope I am wrong )

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

From then on, they were subjected to various abuse, and not just after the three Albion goals, which I naturally celebrated, by a number of middle aged men in replica shirts and in fact a woman there with her son, aged about 12, who gave my party the finger after each goal.

Well that's football crowds for you, it's not the ballet.

Quite surprised that we've got such parochial fans in the East Stand, I hope JK and his entourage weren't too shaken up by the experience.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
If you're that sensitive then go and sit in the North stand rather than 1901 which is always going to have away fans. Short of them threatening to lump you, or anyone else, I really don't see what your problem is. Maybe football isn't the sport you should be going to ?
By the way I am not in 1901

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here