Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away fans giving it large today in 1901 section

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
So yet again I'll ask but I'll add some extra words - IN YOUR OPINION how were they giving it large ?

Can't speak about what happened during the game or when they scored as I don't sit in that bit. But after the game, assuming it was the same group of chaps I can confirm they were being drunken arses.

They had a table in the dining area with a few of them on and then a group of them had moved to another table in the general population. One of said chaps climbed on the table and started singing bubbles to the lot still in the dining area who joined in. BHA staff intervened which didn't have the desired effect so the police were called and they were all ejected.

They weren't being aggressive with it (until the old bill turned up) just weren't behaving in an acceptable manner given their surroundings. I guess it depends on your definition of "giving it large" if you believe they were or not.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Can't speak about what happened during the game or when they scored as I don't sit in that bit. But after the game, assuming it was the same group of chaps I can confirm they were being drunken arses.

They had a table in the dining area with a few of them on and then a group of them had moved to another table in the general population. One of said chaps climbed on the table and started singing bubbles to the lot still in the dining area who joined in. BHA staff intervened which didn't have the desired effect so the police were called and they were all ejected.

They weren't being aggressive with it (until the old bill turned up) just weren't behaving in an acceptable manner given their surroundings. I guess it depends on your definition of "giving it large" if you believe they were or not.
Nail on head known as taking the piss out of our hospitality

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Christ, why didn't you just say something like that then instead of pretending you were there?

Because he just likes starting threads? :shrug:

Been signed up than less than a year and starts crap threads on a regular basis.

Come on, who did South West Gull post as in a past life? He comes across as very T I M M Y I S H . Other Knob jockey's could apply

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Because he just likes starting threads? :shrug:

Been signed up than less than a year and starts crap threads on a regular basis.

Come on, who did South West Gull post as in a past life? He comes across as very T I M M Y I S H . Other Knob jockey's could apply
I just stated a fact that's all .1 yr on here but a lifetime supporting the albion

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I just stated a fact that's all .1 yr on here but a lifetime supporting the albion

I thought the subject was now closed ? Yet here you are still responding. So care to answer my previous question ?

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
I don’t understand why people get annoyed ? Unless they are overly celebrating or it’s continual who cares. The lads sat in the always empty seats next to me were obviously West Ham fans, didn’t notice them really celebrate their goal but when Welbeck scored they left pronto…

The lack of control some individuals people have at football is sad - you can guarantee 99% of those that over react to away fans in a home end wouldn’t behave like that in any other scenario.

Wait until you sit in the ‘mixed’ areas of a stadium at a World Cup against the home national , or in Moscow against Croatia surrounded by Croatian supporting Russians :shrug:
Do you think offering people outside at football is acceptable then ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Do you think offering people outside at football is acceptable then ?

No I don’t. Which is why it’s embarrassing when home fans are so hysterical when they suss out some away fans in the home end

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Not for the first time this season….fans need to grow up! Christ, if you get annoyed about someone celebrating a goal for the opposite team in a relatively meaningless end of season match then you really need to take a good look at yourself.

Pathetic! Always amuses me how some people use Football as a vehicle to preach tolerance and acceptance across wider society but can’t deal with someone in near proximity following a different team to them. I guess we can add it to the very very long list of Football’s double standards

Was it a meaningless game - WHU had to settle for the 3rd level of European football, we are fighting for our highest ever position and an extra £10million.

It's unfortunate but you really do need to separate fans as it just needs too much drink and there's trouble and corporate boxes pretty much equal too much drink....

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Unbelievable hypocrisy. There are plenty of Albion fans who watch away games from the home stands or make use of corporate hospitality.

If, as it appears, the stewards dealt with the problem, then there is no problem. Seems there are plenty on here who, when we score, spend their time looking for people not celebrating!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Was it a meaningless game - WHU had to settle for the 3rd level of European football, we are fighting for our highest ever position and an extra £10million.

It's unfortunate but you really do need to separate fans as it just needs too much drink and there's trouble and corporate boxes pretty much equal too much drink....

No. That’s why I used the word the word relatively

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Sorry I was waylaid elsewhere yesterday, on Sunday remembering a West Ham supporting former work colleague who died in January aged 60, I took his two sons, two former work colleagues and a family member, all West Ham fans in The Goldstone Restaurant 1901 East

Excellent day out, club put on a great spread, excellent interaction with Mullers, Bobby Z, Bob Booker and Dick Knight in the lounge.

To the game, when Antonio scored, against the run of play, my party celebrated, not overly, but celebrated a goal.

From then on, they were subjected to various abuse, and not just after the three Albion goals, which I naturally celebrated, by a number of middle aged men in replica shirts and in fact a woman there with her son, aged about 12, who gave my party the finger after each goal.

The sting in the tail is that one of the West Ham fans with me called a w*****, c*** and told to f*** off was my brother in law, Upton Park born and bred John Keeley, 138 games for the Albion, 1989 player of the year, and Goalkeeping coach at the Withdean from 2000-07.

JCLs' don't you just love them...…..

I am quite saddened that john Keeley was subjected to abuse, as I know he was fond of the Albion and was a quite a regular visitor to the stadium. His parents lived next door to my sister-in-law and when I met him, he was keen to show me all sorts of photos and taked enthusiastically of his time in goal with the Albion.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I am quite saddened that john Keeley was subjected to abuse, as I know he was fond of the Albion and was a quite a regular visitor to the stadium. His parents lived next door to my sister-in-law and when I met him, he was keen to show me all sorts of photos and taked enthusiastically of his time in goal with the Albion.

Thankfully since he’s become my brother in law getting abuse is like water off a ducks back ��

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here