Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Autumn statement today ...... hero’s or villains?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Then why make the comment if you aren't trying to imply something? Most would see it as a put down to the public sector. But there again, you are dingodan!!!!

Who is this "most", and are you his or her official representitive?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I'm not referring to the the ordinary people who may vote for them. Those people may well be reasonably happy with what the Government are doing. It's a position I struggle to relate to.

At the last election Labour adopted austerity lite because they feared being unelectable if they didn't. Corbyn, in this respect, offers a real alternative because he is anti austerity & considered apart from the establishment. His core messages are pretty clear but are not given the consideration they warrant for a whole range of reasons. People need to question and doubt more, trust less, see past the noise and consider ideas with an open mind. Confidence can be over rated. We deserve so much better than those who 'lead' us in distant institutions so far removed from the reality of our lives (as they have so ably demonstrated time after time).

As for housing. Well I couldn't agree more. Ever increasing (artificial) house values are the middle class asset drug. It's not sustainable but few think beyond their own interests and the short term. I don't see any of the more traditional positions paying more than lip service to inequality - let's not upset the apple cart eh even as it careers downhill.

Last (and by no means least) no, not all Tory voters are necessarily nasty and/or selfish in themselves (some of my best friends...blah, blah, blah). However IMHO many of the things being done with their mandate are.

To end on a positive note: match day is almost here & we can all forget this shit for a few hours and unite behind a commonly accepted force for good. Spank those Brummy twats Albion!

Tarpon, it would be nice to see us get a 'hatful of goals' against the Brummies, but I suppose a narrow win would be acceptable!

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Tarpon, it would be nice to see us get a 'hatful of goals' against the Brummies, but I suppose a narrow win would be acceptable!

Yep my £s are on 2-1.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I'm not referring to the the ordinary people who may vote for them. Those people may well be reasonably happy with what the Government are doing. It's a position I struggle to relate to.

At the last election Labour adopted austerity lite because they feared being unelectable if they didn't. Corbyn, in this respect, offers a real alternative because he is anti austerity & considered apart from the establishment. His core messages are pretty clear but are not given the consideration they warrant for a whole range of reasons. People need to question and doubt more, trust less, see past the noise and consider ideas with an open mind. Confidence can be over rated. We deserve so much better than those who 'lead' us in distant institutions so far removed from the reality of our lives (as they have so ably demonstrated time after time).

As for housing. Well I couldn't agree more. Ever increasing (artificial) house values are the middle class asset drug. It's not sustainable but few think beyond their own interests and the short term. I don't see any of the more traditional positions paying more than lip service to inequality - let's not upset the apple cart eh even as it careers downhill.

Last (and by no means least) no, not all Tory voters are necessarily nasty and/or selfish in themselves (some of my best friends...blah, blah, blah). However IMHO many of the things being done with their mandate are.

To end on a positive note: match day is almost here & we can all forget this shit for a few hours and unite behind a commonly accepted force for good. Spank those Brummy twats Albion!

Partially disagree with this bit, if you take the definition of selfish to mean primarily concerned with one's own welfare and profit, then I think that's a pretty textbook definition of a tory voter. People don't vote tory because they're motivated by concern for others. Not for me to say whether being selfish is a good or bad thing but.....

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Partially disagree with this bit, if you take the definition of selfish to mean primarily concerned with one's own welfare and profit, then I think that's a pretty textbook definition of a tory voter. People don't vote tory because they're motivated by concern for others. Not for me to say whether being selfish is a good or bad thing but.....

Bloody hell Mikeyjh, what a pompous and sweepingly inaccurate position to take.
It is rather like saying that anyone who votes Labour is a scrounging waster always on the look out for handouts.
Complete bollocks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bloody hell Mikeyjh, what a pompous and sweepingly inaccurate position to take.

It's a useful default position to take though, 99 times out of 100 you'll be spot on. Have you ever met a caring Tory? And by caring I don't mean that one-nation bollocks.

:smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here