Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Autumn statement today ...... hero’s or villains?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Unfortunately the deluded, gullible, manipulated, uneducated sheep sorry public aren't capable of viewing things through the eyes of the enlightened, knowledgeable, leftleaning progressives. If only the scales would fall from their eyes we could all live in a harmonious, equitable, multicultural, diverse caring society ....... :sick:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Unfortunately the deluded, gullible, manipulated, uneducated sheep sorry public aren't capable of viewing things through the eyes of the enlightened, knowledgeable, leftleaning progressives. If only the scales would fall from their eyes we could all live in a harmonious, equitable, multicultural, diverse caring society ....... :sick:

You say it as if those things would be a bad thing. Which I find sad. There's no magic wand obviously but the route that the current government is taking is the opposite one.

If you can't see that then yes, deluded, gullible and manipulated would just about sum it up. It's not about left and right, these are just labels and like most of politics hinder anything useful actually getting done. Keep banging your drum though, I'm sure you enjoy the sound at least.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Great debate here:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You say it as if those things would be a bad thing. Which I find sad. There's no magic wand obviously but the route that the current government is taking is the opposite one.

If you can't see that then yes, deluded, gullible and manipulated would just about sum it up. It's not about left and right, these are just labels and like most of politics hinder anything useful actually getting done. Keep banging your drum though, I'm sure you enjoy the sound at least.

No the bad thing is the patronising contempt some people have for those that do not share their political views/analysis. Many of us lapse into it on occasion but it appears to be a particularly common trait of a certain type of left leaning opinion. Good luck changing the public's mind with the your deluded gullible manipulated tune :thumbsup:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
This partially explains why you think the current government is doing a good job. They are very careful not to upset the largest and costliest group of benefit claimants in the country as the "grey vote" is so powerful.

Only partially mind as I know plenty of over 60s who are more enlightened.

Buying a house will be the least of the next generation's worries once these *******s have finished ruining all that's good about our public services. And no, I don't support Labour either.

What a pathetic 'smartarse' reply, from one of those who grudges about everything but never has any practical answers for anything.
Perhaps you would care to tell me what the enlightened over 60's are enlightened about. I could then become enlightened ,as well.
By the way, what political party or political thinking do you subscribe to? The 'Enlightened Party' maybe?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Get fed up with these sort of comments.

Was the money created in the public sector?

I'm not making any point about the value of the public or private sector, just a point about where money comes from.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Public sector workers do contribute towards their own pension, and pay tax too.

Don't think that was the point that was being made.

People in the private sector contribute to the pensions of the public sector. People in the public sector do not contribute the the pension of the private sector worker.

I think only about 20% of the private sector workers have a pension. Yet 100% of the people in the private sector contribute to the pensions of the public sector workers.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
This partially explains why you think the current government is doing a good job. They are very careful not to upset the largest and costliest group of benefit claimants in the country as the "grey vote" is so powerful.

Only partially mind as I know plenty of over 60s who are more enlightened.

Buying a house will be the least of the next generation's worries once these *******s have finished ruining all that's good about our public services. And no, I don't support Labour either.

These people have been contributing for up to 50 years. What other group can match that? I don't call that benefit, I call it good faith!

Oh! ...... and the longer you live - the more you experience and the more you learn. So everyone over 60 is potentially more enlightened than todays' youngsters.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't think that was the point that was being made.

People in the private sector contribute to the pensions of the public sector. People in the public sector do not contribute the the pension of the private sector worker.

I think only about 20% of the private sector workers have a pension. Yet 100% of the people in the private sector contribute to the pensions of the public sector workers.
Private sector workers get Old Age Pension also contributed to by those paying tax.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
No flaming, but I reckon you are exaggerating your case, for example: 'no interest beyond preserving their wealth privilege and power at our expense'.
Does this go for all the ordinary people who voted Tory and are reasonably happy with what they are doing?
Well, if you don't like the Government, then it is vital that Labour get rid of Corbyn and his fruit loops and take steps to assemble a competent Opposition to present a coherent alternative that can hold the Government to account and have some chance of being voted into power.
IMHO, one of the biggest examples of inequality in this country is the cost of housing.Sadly,even young people with good jobs are finding it impossible to purchase a home of their own. If by some utopian miracle, this could be put right overnight, then I for one, would be a lot happier and I guess that would go for an awful lot of nasty selfish Tories like myself. It won't happen.
Governments of all shades have been happy for house prices to rise, for all kinds of reasons. I have bored the pants off myself by banging on about it to anyone who will listen. Now that is real inequality......one of generational inequality.Trouble is,it isn't easy to put right, whatever Government is in power.

I'm not referring to the the ordinary people who may vote for them. Those people may well be reasonably happy with what the Government are doing. It's a position I struggle to relate to.

At the last election Labour adopted austerity lite because they feared being unelectable if they didn't. Corbyn, in this respect, offers a real alternative because he is anti austerity & considered apart from the establishment. His core messages are pretty clear but are not given the consideration they warrant for a whole range of reasons. People need to question and doubt more, trust less, see past the noise and consider ideas with an open mind. Confidence can be over rated. We deserve so much better than those who 'lead' us in distant institutions so far removed from the reality of our lives (as they have so ably demonstrated time after time).

As for housing. Well I couldn't agree more. Ever increasing (artificial) house values are the middle class asset drug. It's not sustainable but few think beyond their own interests and the short term. I don't see any of the more traditional positions paying more than lip service to inequality - let's not upset the apple cart eh even as it careers downhill.

Last (and by no means least) no, not all Tory voters are necessarily nasty and/or selfish in themselves (some of my best friends...blah, blah, blah). However IMHO many of the things being done with their mandate are.

To end on a positive note: match day is almost here & we can all forget this shit for a few hours and unite behind a commonly accepted force for good. Spank those Brummy twats Albion!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Was the money created in the public sector?

I'm not making any point about the value of the public or private sector, just a point about where money comes from.

Then why make the comment if you aren't trying to imply something? Most would see it as a put down to the public sector. But there again, you are dingodan!!!!

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
No the bad thing is the patronising contempt some people have for those that do not share their political views/analysis. Many of us lapse into it on occasion...

JC old chap, I was genuinely astounded at your post. You're deffo selling yourself short. I regard you as the overlord of patronising contempt. Don't be shy now - you love it.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
JC old chap, I was genuinely astounded at your post. You're deffo selling yourself short. I regard you as the overlord of patronising contempt. Don't be shy now - you love it.

Don't try and sweet talk me with your silky prose :kiss:

I generally have tongue firmly in cheek when spouting my nonsense others apparently really believe their self delusional guff :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here