[Politics] Australian Indigenous Constitutional Recognition Referendum

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Oz Seagull

Jan 2, 2022
Norwood SA
I realize the title of the thread is probably a little too much for you old uneducated woke farts to take in but the woke ****s that put forward the idea of Indigenous recognition in the Australian Constitution just lost, significantly. So you woke shit can go and f*** yourselves. Say what you want but I won't be tuning in to listen to your shit. Bye for now.........

:O

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I realize the title of the thread is probably a little too much for you old uneducated woke farts to take in but the woke ****s that put forward the idea of Indigenous recognition in the Australian Constitution just lost, significantly. So you woke shit can go and f*** yourselves. Say what you want but I won't be tuning in to listen to your shit. Bye for now.........

It’s might be better to just not engage with people who don’t understand the country in which you live. It’s probably a complex issue that none of us on here understand. I certainly don’t.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Thus confirming my prejudice that all white Australians are f***ing idiots.

And further strengthening my argument that referendums are tools of dictatorship and failing governments.

A great shame. Your beautiful country remains held back by stupid, white, morons.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Wow. Just wow. :tosser:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
For those who may be interested to read about what our learned Australian correspondent is referring to:

I’ve been following this and it’s course through their system.

“democratic” referendums are basically two foxes and one chicken deciding what to have for dinner.

Australia is unfortunately flooded with thick racists. I’d say the majority of white Australasian’s are racist Neanderthals and this was the only way a referendum that strengthens and respects the position of indigenous black people was ever going to go.

And now they don’t have to address the issue for another few decades because “the people have spoken”. As usual, they have spoken nonsense.

A sad day.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

The referendum was a half-hearted, poorly defined attempt to create an advisory body to address the sad fact that First Nations people continue to suffer discrimination, poorer health and economic outcomes.
I can understand that the proposal may be considered unsatisfactory because it doesn't properly address the issue but, surely, you are not decrying the attempt to address the core problem?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Thanks for popping in :shrug:

Don't bother coming back.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For those who may be interested to read about what our learned Australian correspondent is referring to:

Thanks

So the vote was to recognise the existence of the indigenous people, and set up a commission that would advise (but not compel) incumbent governments on issues affecting those people

How the f*** does an electorate vote against THAT?

Weirdos

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Thanks

So the vote was to recognise the existence of the indigenous people, and set up a commission that would advise (but not compel) incumbent governments on issues affecting those people

Weirdos
You appear to have asked a question, and then correctly answered it yourself.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
First I heard of this was this morning and I was astonished that this issue goes to a referendum, surely it's just the right thing to do without a vote?

Then I was amazed that people voted against it! Jesus, from the OP it's clear that Murdoch has also polluted his home country.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Thanks

Weirdos
They had a similar referendum a few decades ago where the resultant No was explained away as because the question was too specific. On this occasion the No is being explained away as because the question was too vague (deliberately so because of the previous one).
The genuine explanation is more likely that they have spent 100 years trying to eradicate the aboriginal culture and they don't want to stop.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Was out drinking with an Aussie on Thursday night - he already knew it would fail - far too many rednecks (his words) in Western Australia and Northern Territories to ever make this happen

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
White immigrants steal land, and treat the indigenous people as if they’re subhuman and then complain anyone who dares to criticise are ‘woke’.

Yes, woke means alert to injustices and there is massive injustice in this world, everywhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports