Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Aussie Rules Football

The GWS club song is magnificent, whatchoo talking about? i love it! Its the only 'new club' song that isnt dreadful!

great last quarter, and i'll be honest despite quite liking GWS, i wanted Collingwood to win for my own reasons: either we get 1st v 2nd in the grand final next week, and i l can cheer Brisbane on, or its Carlton v Collingwood in an absolute battle for the ages (and i'll be cheering on the blues) so basically i want to root against the maggies no matter who they face :) it'll be a belter!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Heads-up reminder for all UK-based AFL fans: Grand Final, Collingwood v Brisbane Lions, is a 5.30am kick-off-or-whatever tomorrow (Saturday)

BT/TNT Sports coverage starts at 4.30am, tho you might want to give that a bit of a swerve in case you catch the pre-match abomination that is KISS. Maybe switch on about, say, 5.15am in order to catch those rousing anthems and the blessing of the MCG by Uncle Colin.

CARNA PIES!!

Yes! i'll be up at dogshit o'clock, picking up three mates and heading round to another mate's house to give it a watch. Beers are chilling in the fridge as we speak! The first beer tends to be a bit tricky, but they're all absolutely fine after that :) got some sausages, bacon and oatcakes for half time, and probs heading down the pub afterwards to watch the brighton/villa game. a great day is planned, i love Grand Final day!

I do prefer Brisbane, not only for the ace Lachie Neale (ex Freo, obvs) but they're very watchable and when they get on a run and a rhythm they're almost impossible to stop. The Pies are in with a big old chance though and it wouldnt amaze me at all to see them win. Either way i'd like a close one, the last couple have been a bit less than competitive and i just want the entertainment. We're at a Carlton fan's house so no appreciation for Collingwood will be permitted!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yes! i'll be up at dogshit o'clock, picking up three mates and heading round to another mate's house to give it a watch. Beers are chilling in the fridge as we speak! The first beer tends to be a bit tricky, but they're all absolutely fine after that :) got some sausages, bacon and oatcakes for half time, and probs heading down the pub afterwards to watch the brighton/villa game. a great day is planned, i love Grand Final day!

I've got to say that does sound like a great day!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I do prefer Brisbane, not only for the ace Lachie Neale (ex Freo, obvs) but they're very watchable and when they get on a run and a rhythm they're almost impossible to stop. The Pies are in with a big old chance though and it wouldnt amaze me at all to see them win. Either way i'd like a close one, the last couple have been a bit less than competitive and i just want the entertainment. We're at a Carlton fan's house so no appreciation for Collingwood will be permitted!
Certainly is a wondrous day of sport for those us lucky enough to have somehow fluked into a BT/TNT Sports subscription. AFL Grand Final to be shortly followed by the Albion v Villa. It's the stuff of DREAMS!! :clap:

You BEAUTY!!! Another classic Pies nail-biter for the 90-86 win! :clap:
Congrats 👍 it was a great final, and thats always my first request- i'd have preferred Brisbane to win to be completely honest but you cant argue with the minor prem team winning the GF, its how its meant to happen. its a lot easier to put up with the Collingwood army when you're 12,000 miles away, i'll tell you that :p

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Opening round win for the Blues to start the '24 season off with a bang, and a last minute winner from Harry McKay to squeeze past Brisbane Lions 86-85.
Cracking game of football 😃

Lets go Baggers!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This morning's telly games. Carna Pies!

Screenshot_20240309_041750_Chrome.jpg

Pies battered two weeks running 😭
They've moved their propensity for winning tight games across to Carlton, it seems - their last six wins are by a combined 22 points ffs!
Its not a shame to see the Pies having a trickier season, they have to live with other teams wanting to knock them off as premiers - thats what you have to get on with. I'm hoping for a Freo win over Brisbane on sunday morning (the tea and toast slot, starting at 7.50am for us on TNT) but they'll be pissed after last week, and its a bit harsh playing a team thats already into their season, the fixture list being wonky might be good for tv ratings but not for an actual balanced competition (insert generic moan here)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here