Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Attila Szalai

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I suspect this might be rubbish. The Turkish press mentions Aston Villa and West Ham but not Brighton. If that changes I'll let you know.

Not only is he big he is pretty fast and he is certainly the best defender in the Hungary team and had a pretty good season with a pretty shitty Fener team. Would be a pretty close BDB like for like.

Sussex Express says he's having a medical.

If Naylor is keeping quiet, there could be something in it. I expect he’ll ‘no’ it soon enough though.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I take it back..... Fenerholik, the Fener fans newspage has this:

https://www.fenerkolik.org/haber-38248-szalainin-17-milyon-euroya-satildigi-iddia-edilen-takim.html

Google translate time!

But there is also this:

'Transfer efforts continue in Fenerbahçe, which aims to become a champion in the Super League. After the transfer of Kim Min Jae to Naples, the possibility of Szalai's departure increased.

On the one hand, Fenerbahçe is trying to transfer, on the other hand, it is evaluating the transfers of its players. The possibility of separation of Attila Szalai, one of the important names of the agenda, has become stronger.

RUSSIA HAS A SUITERS

Many clubs were interested in Hungarian football player. On the other hand, the yellow-dark blue people did not decide not to allow the separation of the defender below the transfer fee of 15 million euros. Finally, the Russian Zenit Club stated that it can increase the fee for this testimonial.

THE WAITING CONTINUES

If Szalai wishes and agrees, this transfer will take place. However, the clubs of Germany and Italy, which aspire to Szalai, have not yet reached the band of 15 million euros. Therefore, the wait for the transfer continues.'

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I take it back..... Fenerholik, the Fener fans newspage has this:

https://www.fenerkolik.org/haber-38248-szalainin-17-milyon-euroya-satildigi-iddia-edilen-takim.html

Google translate time!

But there is also this:

'Transfer efforts continue in Fenerbahçe, which aims to become a champion in the Super League. After the transfer of Kim Min Jae to Naples, the possibility of Szalai's departure increased.

On the one hand, Fenerbahçe is trying to transfer, on the other hand, it is evaluating the transfers of its players. The possibility of separation of Attila Szalai, one of the important names of the agenda, has become stronger.

RUSSIA HAS A SUITERS

Many clubs were interested in Hungarian football player. On the other hand, the yellow-dark blue people did not decide not to allow the separation of the defender below the transfer fee of 15 million euros. Finally, the Russian Zenit Club stated that it can increase the fee for this testimonial.

THE WAITING CONTINUES

If Szalai wishes and agrees, this transfer will take place. However, the clubs of Germany and Italy, which aspire to Szalai, have not yet reached the band of 15 million euros. Therefore, the wait for the transfer continues.'

24 hours ago it had this:

It was claimed that Brighton, one of the Premier League teams, transferred Attila Szalai from Fenerbahçe for 17 million Euros.

It was claimed that Brighton, one of the Premier League teams, contacted Fenerbahçe for Attila Szalai to fill the gap after he sold the left defender Cucurella to Chelsea for 65 million euros.

While this claim, which was made late yesterday, kept its warmth, the claim that "Fenerbahce sold Szalai to a surprise team for 17 million euros" fell on the agenda.
No information has been shared about which team the yellow-dark blue team sold the Hungarian player to. It was stated that the probability of Brighton being this team is very high.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Not to be Andy Naylor level negative but if sixteen days ago (as someone else pointed out) he was coming for a medical and we haven’t heard anything since then this isn’t happening.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Just asked my Hungarian friend and she's said he's shit house.

Are you sure he didn't say 'My hovercraft is full of eels,' or 'I will not buy this record. It is scratched'? Those Hungarian phrasebooks can be unreliable.

(One for the youngsters....)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I suspect this might be rubbish. The Turkish press mentions Aston Villa and West Ham but not Brighton. If that changes I'll let you know.

Not only is he big he is pretty fast and he is certainly the best defender in the Hungary team and had a pretty good season with a pretty shitty Fener team. Would be a pretty close BDB like for like.

Sussex Express says he's having a medical.

Sussex Express say "its reported" he's having a medical. Using the same source that everyone else has here. Perhaps an unreliable source (a small Twitter account prone to exaggerating where transfer deals have got to )
although there's clearly some "interest" from Brighton in a couple of bits of the Turkish press in the last 24 hours. But nothing solid yet from the usual reliable suspects.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I fear it is exactly that

Calm down. We have only 5 CBs at the moment, and it sounds like one of them is going out on loan. That loan deal is probably dependent on getting this signing, or something similar, over the line first.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
:lolol: It never stops.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here