Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Attila Szalai

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I am definitely IN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
This is a defender thread. Get back in your lane!

lol [emoji23] if we loan out PVH after selling MC, then we need to sign a CB. This guy looks the dogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
This clip screams ‘Potter player’.

https://youtu.be/8V1fcc6Obes

Let’s hope that there is some truth in this even though the source is dubious. Naylor is holding his beans in still.

A lot of those clips seem to show him appearing from left back and Transfermarkt shows him mostly playing at centre back. Looking through the formations used by Fenerbache they seem to switch between a back four and a back three. When they do the latter, he takes up the position on the left. Perhaps he is joining the attack as an overlapping centre half. Would certainly fit with how we play. It looks like the source is in doubt. I see that the tweet that started this is a virtual cut and paste from the earlier West Ham one. If there is nothing in this, we could certainly do with signing someone like him.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
So long as we still have a place for our new Cucurella Estupinan ,thought he was excellent the other day .

Sinister Melon

Jun 15, 2022
Sounds like the Van Hecke loan has gone through. Hopefully that means this (or some other CB signing) is imminent. Would be pretty concerned about numbers for this season if we don't bring anyone in

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Twitter has also rumoured interest from Villa. I now suspect that there may not be anything in any of these rumours, but was amused at this salty response on Villa's forum:
https://www.heroesandvillains.info/forumv3/index.php?topic=62968.5175

"Apart from a spurious twitter account no one has linked us to him. I suspect though after 2 years at Brighton they will sell him for 55m and be lauded as geniuses."

That's a bit unfair, to be lauded as geniuses, you have to be able to sell them on after just one season. Surely, any club could turn a player into a >£50m one if they're given two years. :whistle:

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Looks like he’s going to be playing Champions League football with Union Berlin.

A lot of movement going around involving left footed centrebacks at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here