NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Last edited:

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I went to the Grimsby game on my own and will be doing the Semi Final on my own. I usually attend with at least one member of my family so it can be quite liberating to do exactly what you want now and again.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I’m actually with you. My wife is 2 1/2 years older than me and the first albums I heard were Wind & Wuthering and Trick of the Tail round a mate’s house when I was 16/17. First album I bought was ‘And Then There Were Three’ followed by ‘Duke’ - I then met my wife to be!

Saw Genesis at Knebworth in 1992. Went with the mate who got me into Genesis back in the 70’s - on the back of his motorbike!! What was I thinking - I hate motorbikes 😂 My wife stayed at home. They played a good mix of old and new. I remember great versions of Domino and Driving the Last Spike. And Phil Collins was on great form. Sad to see him in bad health these days.

I haven’t heard their version of Wheels on the Bus. I’ll check it out 😉
I was at the 92 Knebworth concert, it is still best gig I’ve been too, and I seen many bands since. You should be pleased you were on a bike, I went with my then boyfriend in the car and took hours to get out the car park.

if they did do “wheels on the bus”, it would be better the “who done it?”

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I was at the 92 Knebworth concert, it is still best gig I’ve been too, and I seen many bands since. You should be pleased you were on a bike, I went with my then boyfriend in the car and took hours to get out the car park.

if they did do “wheels on the bus”, it would be better the “who done it?”
Certainly leaving after the gig was the one big advantage being on the bike. I remember getting up the next morning and they were saying on the radio that people were still trying to leave Knebworth in cars!! Madness!!

We actually had tickets for the Saturday (they were supposed to be playing both the Saturday and Sunday) and hadn't heard that all tickets had been moved to the Sunday. We turned up on the bike and wondered why it was so quiet ... apart from a few others who hadn't heard ... pre internet, obviously!! So we had to kind somewhere to get our heads down Saturday night and head back to Knebworth on the Sunday!!

But yes, it was an amazing gig.

I go to games and concerts on my own all the time. It does not bother me. I am happy with my own company and can normally start a conversation with someone if I need to. I would rather go to things I am interested in on my own then go with some one who has no interest, and you can see how bored thet are.
Went to a gog at the Arch to see Joris Voorn, was epic!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks. I'm really looking forward to it as I have never seen them live. Amon Duul II are at the Jazz Cafe next month which will also be interesting.
I lived in Camden for 6 years in the late 90s and saw a number of gigs at the Jazz Cafe. Great venue and they used to do a ticket where you got a table overlooking the stage on the mezzanine and we’re served dinner. No idea if they still do this but I used to love it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mostly go to away games with others, but occasionally if I make a late decision, I'll end up going on my own. Always chat to people around me though.

Travelling up with others tomorrow but likely to be on my own in the stadium, as my original travelling companion is likely to be indisposed. Be nice if you see me :)

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Do those who go to the game alone want to meet fellow fans? If so, more than happy to introduce myself to anyone in the East Lower.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
I lived in Camden for 6 years in the late 90s and saw a number of gigs at the Jazz Cafe. Great venue and they used to do a ticket where you got a table overlooking the stage on the mezzanine and were served dinner. No idea if they still do this but I used to love it.
Saw De La Soul there. They were bloody amazing. Seeing them tomorrow at The Royal Albert Hall.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I've probably just about attended more games by myself than accompanied. My Dad only started attending regularly again once we got the Amex, and now Junior Orange comes too.

I usually have a few games where it is just me per season though, Dad not being keen on the cold, and it being a bit far to take Junior Orange on a school night - like the recent Palace match.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Did it a lot in the early 90s, felt pretty lonely at times when things were shit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here