Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Atmosphere

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Thought the atmosphere was excellent tonight. From my vantage point in the WSU the AEK fans were drowned out by our support for the most part. The acoustics at the Amex are weird. Not going to lie I am a bit croaky this morning.
The AEK fans put on a show and we turned up too, it felt like a European night. Disappointing result but great occasion

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Thought the atmosphere was excellent tonight. From my vantage point in the WSU the AEK fans were drowned out by our support for the most part. The acoustics at the Amex are weird. Not going to lie I am a bit croaky this morning.
The AEK fans put on a show and we turned up too, it felt like a European night. Disappointing result but great occasion
The was my experience from wsu, I could see AEK jumping up and down, but mostly all I could hear was us.
Good to hear. Sadly, it didn't come through on the telly at all really. Sounded very flat at times bar the Athens fans. I'm up north and couldn't make the game, but kept thinking while watching that I know I've been at games where the atmosphere's been great and then looked on here and some of those watching on telly have said it sounded flat, so maybe it is actually decent at the game. Where do they put the mics at the Amex!?!
I record the games and if we win I watch them back and I am always surprised how much quieter it is on tv then it is live.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Was superb tonight, deafening at the start, and thought even when we were losing, it was excellent.
thought the complete opposite. - thought it was poor. we were behind and there wasn't much - Athens Fans whilst not that loud, showed how to support a club. the WHOLE away end was bouncing and when they did the Poznan the whole away end did it. I think it shows how shit and sterile English crowds are when you see this kind of stuff. wait till the away games, its going to be a proper lesson as to how good home fans can be...

Keith the Kipper

Feb 27, 2010
Worthing
thought the complete opposite. - thought it was poor. we were behind and there wasn't much - Athens Fans whilst not that loud, showed how to support a club. the WHOLE away end was bouncing and when they did the Poznan the whole away end did it. I think it shows how shit and sterile English crowds are when you see this kind of stuff. wait till the away games, its going to be a proper lesson as to how good home fans can be...
Yep turning your back on your team and jumping up and down should help.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
They normally have some sort of fella with a megaphone orchestrating what to sing and when to jump. It may be impressive, but it is not organic. I think the English crowds are more about actually watching the games, reacting when appropriate, rather than being part of a giant sing-a-long and choreographed jump about.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Yep turning your back on your team and jumping up and down should help.

As oppose to just sitting there in dead silence because you're team are losing???. The atmosphere at football games is shite generally now ( and i' don;'t just mean brighton either) -These european supporters just put us to shame. I'm not saying we should be fighting and going back to the old days, but Jesus Christ, its so sterile and flat. Brighton have always had crowds like this.. When its going badly ON the pitch the fans don't get behind them.. Last night IMO was a prime example of this... We have so many fans now that don't know what its like to lose... Don't know what its like to not be successful.

Whilst the palace ultra's are "ridiculed" by so many, at least they are trying to make games more atmospheric...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
some better songs would help. Hopefully a few days of fans together in bars in europe a few new catchy ones can take off.

The Albion Albion whilst dreary is the only song that really cracks out.

We used to have it with the Ulloa song too.

Funny fans , anything to wordy and we will f k the speed of it up.

Thats half the issue.

The atmosphere for the most part was fairly decent I thought. Not as loud as Newcastle H though

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
some better songs would help. Hopefully a few days of fans together in bars in europe a few new catchy ones can take off.

The Albion Albion whilst dreary is the only song that really cracks out.

We used to have it with the Ulloa song too.

Funny fans , anything to wordy and we will f k the speed of it up.

Thats half the issue.

The atmosphere for the most part was fairly decent I thought. Not as loud as Newcastle H though
I do think this is a big part of it. Our songs are, for the most part, crap

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Erm I sit in the same are an and don’t have any problem …not sure it was relevant last night as the majority of us no matter where sat were up for it
I was in EU F last night and it was only the Albion-Albion chant that was ever loud and clear. I was aware of an occasional general low drone from the North Stand which I guess was the singing but it wasn't at all clear to me. I was closer to the Greeks and they were not only much louder but the singing seemed totally unanimous. Every single fan seemed to be singing and waving in unison. Being ordered to spend several hours in a pub beforehand probably helps. Mind you, it's always the away fans who are more up for it, including Albion away, as evidenced at Old Trafford last week.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was in EU F last night and it was only the Albion-Albion chant that was ever loud and clear. I was aware of an occasional general low drone from the North Stand which I guess was the singing but it wasn't at all clear to me. I was closer to the Greeks and they were not only much louder but the singing seemed totally unanimous. Every single fan seemed to be singing and waving in unison. Being ordered to spend several hours in a pub beforehand probably helps. Mind you, it's always the away fans who are more up for it, including Albion away, as evidenced at Old Trafford last week.
Well I’m happy with Albion Albion as it’s sung universally..and being in EU just south of the Halfway line heard it differently to you…maybe because I’m in E it matters ..shrug

I’m not sure any comparison with last nights away support is a fair one …rarely have I seen such away support at The Amex chant for the whole of the match

Last edited:

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
Where's all the variety of songs like your going home in a county ambulance and your never make the station etc. All we get now is albion albion(I want to fall asleep when we sing this) and throw in the phone syndrome that people have(all the young fuckers are posting while watching a game. I thought it was very flat last night.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I wish people wouldn’t knock Albion! …Albion!
It’s the loudest noise we make. I’d like to hear SEAGULLS!! make a comeback too, just as long as it’s only 3 or 4 times during the match.

It’s all well and good putting words to all eight verses of American Pie, Push It, Twenty Four Hours From Telscombe or the full version of Tubular Bells but it’s only a few dozen that know the words.

Keep it simple, volume is as important as content.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here