Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
My conclusion:

- Bart needs to start every game in goal going forward, as he's the better keeper and we need consistency & to develop him.
- Webster probably is more suited to starting every game. He's not good enough to be a bit player. Probably his last season for us.
- RDZ is right to rotate the squad - he has to - but he got it very wrong today.
- Don't think this will be the last result like this - going to be a long, rocky season

elgordohill

Jul 21, 2014
Humbled… we’ve been fortunate for a few weeks now and today it showed that we are fragile when challenged. Massively missed the stability of Macca and Caceido.

Might do us good. Overhyped by everyone in the media. Would like us to go back under the radar.

That said, lots going against us today but too many weak performances was the key

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Some bad luck today. But a distasteful flavour of unprofessionalism coming through. Driving with our hands off the wheel. Thankfully we have some points on the board already but we made Villa look like City. Awful performance.

Feel for Hinch. That was a mauling. Not happy with Veltman today either but I don’t think anyone played too well. Overrun throughout. Looked like we had 10 men.

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
We've always got a result like that in us - see Everton last season. RBZ has known it ever since Gross got injured, we are very thin in the middle of the park currently and just like AEK we were lightweight and bullied particularly in the first half. We need Baleba to get up to speed quickly, Mo D the same, but we need Gross back and hopefully with Moder appearing soonish, we may have a bit more bite and creativity. In a way we missed JPVH at the back - who knows?

One result doesn't define our season, losing Caicedo and Mac was always going to be difficult (but that's life outside of the big 6) but no excuse. Get a result Thursday and life will feel much better.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Never a dull moment. Positives, I normally take opposition players out of my Fantasy team but forgot this week and left Luiz and Watkins in.

6-1, meh. I'm having the time of my life following Albion at the moment. I'm not even upset about it. You always know the next match will be totally different.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nothing went our way today, shit happens

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
A bad day at the office, 3rd in the PREMIER LEAGUE and NSC is having a melt down.

Don’t ever change NSC!!
THIRD?

Is it Monday night already? *checks calendar*
Who cares about our league position after 7 games if we're playing bad and getting smashed increasingly more frequently? We don't have a single clean sheet

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Humbled… we’ve been fortunate for a few weeks now and today it showed that we are fragile when challenged. Massively missed the stability of Macca and Caceido.

Might do us good. Overhyped by everyone in the media. Would like us to go back under the radar.

That said, lots going against us today but too many weak performances was the key

They've gone, get over it. But we do miss the composure and guile of Pascal enormously.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Bizarrely risk and

Indeed. It's a much overused phrase and not always fair but today ' bed wetting ' does spring to mind. There are some ridiculous comments coming up?

This is embarrassing. Villa lining up to take potshots at goal.
9 shots 6 goals. 39% possession yet thrashed us. We must have lost every 2nd ball and just kept giving the ball to them.

Humiliating display all round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here