[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
A humping and no mistaking. Disappointing, of course, but it's happened before, it'll happen again. Villa are a massive bogey team for us, I didn't expect anything from today anyway.

Oh and stopped getting stressed out about football a long time ago. Just enjoying the roller coaster ride, though today feels like the fat kid in front has barfed his milkshake all over us 😁

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
9 shots 6 goals. 39% possession yet thrashed us. We must have lost every 2nd ball and just kept giving the ball to them.

Humiliating display all round.
Losing 50/50s is becoming a habit unfortunately.

Managers now know how to play against DeZerbi ball. Let’s see how he changes things because he will need to

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
A bad day at the office, 3rd in the PREMIER LEAGUE and NSC is having a melt down.

Don’t ever change NSC!!
THIRD?

Is it Monday night already? *checks calendar*
As much as people going into a full panic on the back of this one result is probably overreacting, ignoring it and pretending everything is fine is probably wrong too.

It's not the end of the season, but we just got absolutely stuffed, and that's concerning. We've been just too shit since Athens.

I'm beginning to dread Marseille...

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Well, that was embarrassing.
I feel sorry for the fans who travelled all that way to watch that.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
A humping and no mistaking. Disappointing, of course, but it's happened before, it'll happen again. Villa are a massive bogey team for us, I didn't expect anything from today anyway.

Oh and stopped getting stressed out about football a long time ago. Just enjoying the roller coaster ride, though today feels like the fat kid in front has barfed his milkshake all over us 😁
TBF with your last statement, football is the only thing some of us look forward to in this awful world, so its really hard to not get stressed after a poor game

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Radio Sussex (via MyAlbion Play) has been buffering for much of the secnd half - it came on again just now. It's still 5-1 and we're still playing!

Come on lads - all is not lost yet! :lolol:

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
If I had to describe our performance in one word, it would be “listless.”

From the look on De Zerbi’s face throughout the match, I think he knows he’s got things wrong.

Nonetheless, we gave GP several seasons, I don’t feel there was any lack of effort on the part of the players, I’m 100% team De Zerbi, I just hope that the coaching team and the players can bring us through to a place where we’re firing on all cylinders quickly.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
If I had to describe our performance in one word, it would be “listless.”

From the look on De Zerbi’s face throughout the match, I think he knows he’s got things wrong.

Nonetheless, we gave GP several seasons, I don’t feel there was any lack of effort on the part of the players, I’m 100% team De Zerbi, I just hope that the coaching team and the players can bring us through to a place where we’re firing on all cylinders quickly.
Surely the former contradicts the latter?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Desperately need Baleba up to speed and asap.

Our lack of a strong defensive holding midfielder is costing us. It’s also heaping the pressure on an already fragile defence.

Moder returning to fitness would be a huge boost in that department also.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports