Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Turning into a car crash of a season.

October looks brutal.
It’s turning into a what lol

C’mon Watkins is very good. If we had a kryptonite it would be him

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I don’t think that’s precisely what he said, it was more like he had to improve etc which to be honest is what Rob says about most of our guys.

That said if Baleba had played today it would still be 3-0 and he’d be getting roasted like JH
"Clearly he has to improve, he has to progress. Maybe now he is not so ready to play in the first XI"

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I get that we will have a lot of games this season, with the addition of the europa league, and that players will need to be rotated to keep them fresh. Are we trying to be too clever and pre-emptive about it. Not just because of the disruptive nature of swapping half your team out every game, rather than sticking with a line up for three or four then swapping some.

But also for motivation. If you have a good game, you're still gonna be dropped -to keep you fresh - so why bother? If you have a bad game, it doesn't matter, you'll be back in the squad the game after next, so no need to up your game!

I know, I've seen the 'we're third!' responses, but it's early in the season, and 12 of those points were before we started any cup competitions, where the rotations started in earnest, and since that time we're on course to lose our third of 4 games. We won't be third after this weekend.

I thought Veltman should have been played centrally today to counter Watkins. But Watkins is even skinning him

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Whatever the result, this will be a useful learning for RDZ tactically and may shape a few future transfers.
How many times does it take for us to learn?

His first touch has been very poor.
His first touch is very overrated I’m afraid - gets overlooked because he’s the most enthusiastic worker in the team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here