Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Villa away should be worth 50 loyalty points. Plus a bonus extra 10 for every time you’ve been previously.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Pervis has been really poor for a while. Strange drop off for a player who looked the best LB in the league. Fatigue I guess.
That US tour doesn't look so sensible now.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Typical NSC - with a handful of posters who start attacking each other when ever we are out played and others scapegoating the wrong players. Boring.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
They look so much more up for it than we do.
I think this is how teams are getting at us now - AEK did it as well. They leave us to play around at the back, and don't get sucked in - but as soon as the ball gets into the middle they are on our heels instantly and tackle hard. Last season our one-touch stuff was so fluid and quick that they didn't actually have time to get to us. A tiny bit slower this year, and a tiny bit less control means we're getting caught on the ball or rushing the pass.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Very hard watch but doesn’t happen often - it’s the risk we take sometimes against a good team intent on attacking. Very poor defensively and Watkins again causing us loads of issues. Second goal surely should have been ruled out though he’s stood in front of Steele.

Remember this is a team with a much bigger budget who have actually spent well and have a plan.

This happens sometimes and we’ve been spoilt for so long - never too high, never too low. Keep the faith and move on.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Huff and puff? You do know until today we're top goalscorers in the league, right?

Agree we're very easy to score against so far this season though
I don't see the contradiction. Yes, huff and puff. There's lots of playing it around, moving the midfield to create gaps. We have a lot of goals, but we've had to work a lot for most of them. Our opponents seem to just run straight through us.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Pervis has been really poor for a while. Strange drop off for a player who looked the best LB in the league. Fatigue I guess.
That US tour doesn't look so sensible now.
Yeah he really poorly got the assist for Mitoma's second last week. People need to keep their heads. This is still the best time ever to be a Brighton fan but we'll hit bumps along the way. Keep the faith!

Baleba gave the ball way too much against Chelsea and was rated as 'perhaps not ready for first team football' by RDZ after the game.
I don’t think that’s precisely what he said, it was more like he had to improve etc which to be honest is what Rob says about most of our guys.

That said if Baleba had played today it would still be 3-0 and he’d be getting roasted like JH

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here