Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Assulin

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oddly, I found myself wondering yesterday whether Noone might have been better off accepting Cardiff's offer.

He is nowhere near our team at the moment, behind the two new guys as well as Buckley and KLL. Injury and form have stalled him a bit (plus the other two wingers seem to have more end product). I didn't want Noone to leave at the time the offer came in, but hindsight is a marvellous thing- will we still get £1.4 million for him if City came back in the summer?

Aside from the fact that if we are going to make a push for the playoffs, we need every member of the squad to be fit and ready to play, it also sends out a strong message that we no longer have to sell our players to survive.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Obviously not going to keep them unless we have about £25m lying around. Another loan maybe, but nothing more.

This is the point with our 4 loanees, much as I love the way we played on Saturday and have no doubts Gus will keep them in for the next few games you have to be a little worried at the damage to moral for the players we have actually signed who were left out as unless we go up, parting with millions more for players is unlikely to be a possibility and the discarded players will then have to decide if they REALLY want to play for Gus.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is the point with our 4 loanees, much as I love the way we played on Saturday and have no doubts Gus will keep them in for the next few games you have to be a little worried at the damage to moral for the players we have actually signed who were left out as unless we go up, parting with millions more for players is unlikely to be a possibility and the discarded players will then have to decide if they REALLY want to play for Gus.

Actually we have FIVE loanees, and the situation with the others is very different to the two Man City lads.

Vokes, Reyes and Mattock will all very likely be here permanently in the summer, if Gus is sufficiently satisfied with them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I think at least 2 of Vokes, Mattock and Reyes will be signed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here