Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Cole

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Or, alternatively, the delightful Cheryl is so boring in the chariot, that Mr Cole sought a (very average looking) strumpet elsewhere.

So is CC all that ?

She's not bad

tbp5o.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cashley is a bit out of our wage bracket, I suggest.
Why is this always so difficult for NSC to grasp.

A footballer out of contract is unemployed.
He's not earning any wage.
Therefore he has no wage bracket.

He might no want to 'work' for what is offered, but he's in no position to demand higher wages.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

He might no want to 'work' for what is offered, but he's in no position to demand higher wages.
And why is it so difficult to grasp that the reason he has no club is that he won't lower his wage demands.

There is no evidence that he'll suddenly lower them massively to fit our (relatively) meagre pay scale.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And why is it so difficult to grasp that the reason he has no club is that he won't lower his wage demands.

There is no evidence that he'll suddenly lower them massively to fit our (relatively) meagre pay scale.

Is it possible that he hasnt got a club because of his wage demands but seeing that may have a rethink if he still has the desire to play football, if not he will stick with his demands, who knows.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Of course he is in a position to demand higher wages, at least higher than we are prepared to offer. You are right, he is currently out of work but I suspect that he is not worrying about his mortgage and other household bills.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

There's no evidence that he's even on the radar.

That's the point, if he's not prepared to work for the money offered, he doesn't work.
His 'wage bracket' doesn't come into it.

Were he still under contract then sure he's holding all the aces, but he's not.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Bridge was out of contact when Reading offered him silly money.
Cole will get the offer.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
J
Wayne Bridge was the same.

I recall when we managed to acquire the services of Wayne B, he was contracted to Man City, on circa £100,000 per week of which we paid approx £10k with his parent club forking out the remainder, (crazy money I know but that is how the rumours went)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Of course he is in a position to demand higher wages, at least higher than we are prepared to offer. You are right, he is currently out of work but I suspect that he is not worrying about his mortgage and other household bills.
If he is, he's certainly not fit enough for football :lol:

He can demand all he wants, the difference is they are hollow demands, that have no relevance to the offers any team is prepared to make.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here