Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes

Dec 29, 2011
Received his fair share of stick on this forum, let's point out the facts:
  1. He's only just turned 23
  2. He's already made 117 appearences for us
  3. He plays many positions, Stiker, Left Wing, Right Wing, CAM and even Centre Mid, that's utility.
  4. Already playing at a higher level than some good strikers did at his age (such as Holt, Murray, Graham).

Can't wait to see his development in the future, hope he stay Albion for a long time.

I'll be up the :amex: today cheering on :albion2: and Barnes. COME ON BOYS!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Funny, I haven't seen him receive any stick for weeks.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
. I thought he was older than 23 though as he seems to have a more mature head.
He certainly has an aged approach to the game, so much so, that like a lot of pensioners he appears to have Alzheimer's and forgets how to play football a lot of the time.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He was playing very, very poorly until Gus dropped him, now he looks more fired up and willing to fight for his first team place. I really rate him but I think it needs to be clear that if he has 2/3 poor games there are suitable replacements, where's last season he was pretty much guaranteed a place in the starting line up regardless of performance.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Funny, I haven't seen him receive any stick for weeks.

thats would be because he didnt play, and after a poor couple of games run his return coincided with a win. one of the best players at the club.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
If I found him in bed with my girlfriend i'd tuck him in. And that's a hell of a compliment because anyone else I'd just watch.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
He is undoubtably a good player who went through a very poor spell of form was rightly rested and has now come back to prove a point and is looking more like the player we know again.

What is frustrating is after every bad performance there is an over the top 'sell him he's crap' reaction and equally after a good performance you get the 'Ha ha Barnes bashers'. This usually extends to about 20 pages post match of 'yes he's good' and 'oh no he isn't. Can't we just accept he is a good player who goes through good and bad patches????

Dec 29, 2011
What is frustrating is after every bad performance there is an over the top 'sell him he's crap' reaction and equally after a good performance you get the 'Ha ha Barnes bashers'. This usually extends to about 20 pages post match of 'yes he's good' and 'oh no he isn't. Can't we just accept he is a good player who goes through good and bad patches????
Spot on

he will start today

Yep, while I was thinking about this thread that's the though I had. He's looked good since he has returned in the last two games and will help out defensively against the Newcastle threat, it's a no-brainer.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Oh gosh another thread about Barnes :facepalm: just what we needed :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here