Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
0,,10433~10454310,00.jpg

I f*cking love Ashley Barnes, massive team player! :thumbsup:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Leaving all the bitching aside, and sorry I have not picked up the answer before, was AB off side or not when he stuck the ball in early in the match. I could not see from where I was in the north end of WSU

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
Barnes is suppose to be a striker but managed to fluff 3 or so great chances.

Where did all our effective play come from today?......The right. Nothing from the left side covered by Barnes.

The last two games have been the better by Barnes standard but it's still not Championship level.

If we are playing one either side of CMS or Vokes, the best option is to pull out Barnes and replace with Noone or Lua Lua.

I'm not trying to start any pointless arguments, I'm just merely stating my opinion. Im guessing any other NSC users who do not rate Barnes, will be reluctant to speak out, as its almost a sin to speak out.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Barnes is awful. All players cover for each other, Buckley does it. Barnes is to me and my friends the joke of the club. The worst finisher under any sort of pressure, no composure apart from the penalty spot.

People who say you no nothing about football if you don't rate Barnes are clearly not in the know themselves.

Maybe you should go through all the goals Barnes has scored for us as I can assure you there are alot of good finishes!

We have a young 22 year old striker which we signed for bugger all and has scored 32 goals for us in less than 2 fulls seasons and people want to bitch?

You are the Joke, in my eyes he's an integral part of our suscess over the last few seasons.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Thankfully Gus is like those on this forum and sees how wank he is... Oh wait... He doesn't? But that means Gus disagrees with a bunch of whining keyboard warriors and rates him based on his own opinion.

Sack him. Doesn't he know NSC knows best?

Sent by the power of Gus' tactical genius

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I used to slate him a fair bit. Over the last few games he has made me see things differently. He is now probably 1 of the first names on the team sheet now. Seems to get better and better each game. A lot of people need to eat Humble pie

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Barnes is better...Where did all our effective play come from today?......Barnes. Championship level. the best option is ... Barnes.

I'm just merely stating my opinion... I do rate Barnes.

Here, I have done some editing for you.

I'm not sure you are a championship level supporter. I wholly blame Barnes for our atrocious record in 2012.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Made some key interceptions in the first half. I think some times a poor barnes game is actually a more defensive game. The number of times I've come on here and seen people slate him having watched him put in a solid defensive performance, with a few good ball.

He had some poor touches today, but he also had some good touches. Had the ball in the net, but offside. I don't think heading at goal from where he was and the way the ball came over would have been any more successful than heading it back across goal, but to be honest, I didn't see CMS there, but the argus (who rarely present a pro-barnes slant to things) seem to suggest CMS should/could have got to it.

I also think some of his critics often blame him for mistakes that others make, particularly navarro, sparrow and dicker. Someone blamed him for a shot that nearly hit the scren a few weeks back, which navarro took. Today, he got the ball, worked his way through a couple of leicester players, laid it off to Navarro who dawdled and lost the opportunity then people blamed barnes for dawdling on the ball.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
0,,10433~10454310,00.jpg

I f*cking love Ashley Barnes, massive team player! :thumbsup:

I see that completely differently. What's he doing? That's a fairly simple chance for a striker, he should have buried that. I understand the intention, and if he'd got it right it was simple but we're not Arsenal, if you have a fairly easy chance to put it away, take it. 0-0 at home to a team who, at that stage, had been in complete control... and he squares it? Not impressed.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Barnes is awful. All players cover for each other, Buckley does it. Barnes is to me and my friends the joke of the club. The worst finisher under any sort of pressure, no composure apart from the penalty spot.

People who say you no nothing about football if you don't rate Barnes are clearly not in the know themselves.

Doesnt say much for your friends does it

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I see that completely differently. What's he doing? That's a fairly simple chance for a striker, he should have buried that. I understand the intention, and if he'd got it right it was simple but we're not Arsenal, if you have a fairly easy chance to put it away, take it. 0-0 at home to a team who, at that stage, had been in complete control... and he squares it? Not impressed.
Yep and if he had headed it towards goal but it had been saved u would hav moaned he should have passed.....,one narrow focus piccie doesn't tell the whole story..to me seeing the whole picture right in front of me...he made the right decision

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton

I'm more not impressed with CMS £2.5m! 6 goals can't get into positions to score like others can to score. personally I think he will come good but Barnes seems to be an easy target for some mongs who can't seem to see that others are not performing and always single out Ash.

Barnes will get into double figures this season in his first full season in the championship after getting 20 for us last season.

And he is doing it from a wide position, Barnes does alot of defensive and positional work for the team

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yep and if he had headed it towards goal but it had been saved u would hav moaned he should have passed.....,one narrow focus piccie doesn't tell the whole story..to me seeing the whole picture right in front of me...he made the right decision

There was a moment when the ball was being passed around went something like:

*calderon in possession*
Crowd: Shoot!
*Pass to buckley*
*Pass to navarro*
*pass to bridcutt*
*pass to barnes*
*Barnes shoots and misses*
Crowd: No! why didn't you pass it?!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

No, I wouldn't have. If you shoot and you miss, so be it. That's football. Squaring it, and not taking the responsibility of having the shot/header, is what I'm "moaning" about. I sit right in the heart of the East, I have a very good view of the whole game, and I don't think he made the right decision.

I'm more not impressed with CMS £2.5m! 6 goals can't get into positions to score like others can to score. personally I think he will come good but Barnes seems to be an easy target for some mongs who can't seem to see that others are not performing and always single out Ash.

Barnes will get into double figures this season in his first full season in the championship after getting 20 for us last season.

And he is doing it from a wide position, Barnes does alot of defensive and positional work for the team

In the summer, I got Barnes 9 on my new shirt. I like the guy, and I came into this season a fan of his. But over the course of the season, my opinion has changed. He is being played out of position, no arguments there and he does work hard for the team, no arguments there either. But technically he's not up to this standard of football, and come next season I think he'll either be at another club, or on the bench. I've nothing against him personally, and will always support any Brighton player on the pitch, but I don't think he is up to Championship standard. That's my opinion, for what it is worth. Gus Poyet disagrees with me, which is all that matters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here